• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Chromium Safe Storage

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating LR Classic to the new version I get a prompt to enter Chromium Safe Storage password, where can I find this as I've never heard of it?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-27 om 19.01.30.png

Wat does this mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Lightroom Classic wants to use your confidential information stored in “Chromium Safe Storage” in your keychain."

This message came up on my screen as I was trying to update to the new LR Classic. 

When I tried to click the box in Keychain to reveal the passcode, a beach ball appeared that wouldn't quit. I tried to reboot my computer and try again, but kept getting the same.

Finally, Apple Support suggested I click Deny - which was only way to proceed.

Anything I should know or do about this?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same issue.  Just upgraded to LRC Release 11.0 and as soon as I did I started getting the same message.  Clicking Deny is way to proceed to Lightroom.  Really annoying.  Happens every time I start LRC.  Running macOS 12.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The password I use is the same as for accessing my Macbook; but it seems once is not enough and everytime I open LR I need to repeat the manoeuver. Hmm ....

What's the benefit to me? - becuase I can always click DENY and push past it.

Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this in another thread. Might make this issue slightly clearer but not sure if it answers the question.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-chromium-safe-storage/m-p/12483964

Apparently, this permission is used to grant access to the embedded map in the Map module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 12.55.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LRC forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This permission is used to grant access to the embedded map. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, Rikk, does it harm me to click DENY every time - just to keep moving?

Thank you for your upcoming, informed, response which I'll apply from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: speaking as Lightroom user here, not an engineer.

Lightroom has a built-in map module, which uses Chromium – it’s an open source browser engine which Google uses for building its Chrome browser. Chromium stores information (and I am guessing here) – the zoom ratio of the map, layers shown, etc.

A new version of LR will contain a new version of Chromium, which wants to access the old, stored information created with the previous LR map module. Therefore, your confirmation is needed (which can be granted by entering your login password).

More general info about Chromium Safe Storage: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8177861

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Frank.

But which password are they after? And where do I retrieve it from?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password to you keychain. Typically the password on your mac user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be the case. I've entered the password for my Apple account (which accesses my passwords)  and even my Adobe PW just to try. Neither works.

Also, why am I dealing with this if I don't even use Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are correct but ... the request keeps appearing every time I re-open LR.

Does that make sense?

The password to you keychain. Typically the password on your mac user account.

By @anoren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing. Totally frustrating and nothing being done about it. Passwords don't work either. What a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But ... after a few times of doing this, can we now ignore it and click DENY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing this too; very frustrating. Every single time I launched LR I get two prompts to enter admin password, screenshots below. 

I just solved the issue (I hope; so far so good) by deleting the 2 chromium items in my Mac Keychain Acces app. 

LR 11.0.1, MacOS 12.0.1. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 2.08.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 2.08.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jimtron. Deleted the chromium safe storgage and works without the box coming up now. Hope it doesnt mess up something else, bur works for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, when you reopen Lightroom (classic) a Chromium Safe Storage item is once again created in Keychain Access; however; whatever password requirement(s) it needs seems to be satisfied and the box is no longer appearing. I have opened and closed Lightroom Classic 6 times and things have worked as expected now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is he located? how to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is asking for the password you use to access your computer when you turn it on. Enter that same password and move on.

And the next time you open LR and you are asked the same question, just click the button on the left that says something like "Don't ask again" - not sure of the exact wording; and that will be the end of it for you.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this on every lanch,  have no idea what means or is, and even if choose always allow or deny keep coming back, thanks!Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 7.02.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained by @Rikk Flohr: Photography and @Frank Grießhammer, AF above in this discussion:

"This permission is used to grant access to the embedded map in the Map module."

It's a prompt from your Mac operating system. Enter your Mac password and continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and then always allow, kept coming back is way to nuke it forever?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines