P: Chromium Safe Storage

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating LR Classic to the new version I get a prompt to enter Chromium Safe Storage password, where can I find this as I've never heard of it?

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows, macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-27 om 19.01.30.png

Wat does this mean?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Lightroom Classic wants to use your confidential information stored in “Chromium Safe Storage” in your keychain."

This message came up on my screen as I was trying to update to the new LR Classic. 

When I tried to click the box in Keychain to reveal the passcode, a beach ball appeared that wouldn't quit. I tried to reboot my computer and try again, but kept getting the same.

Finally, Apple Support suggested I click Deny - which was only way to proceed.

Anything I should know or do about this?

Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same issue.  Just upgraded to LRC Release 11.0 and as soon as I did I started getting the same message.  Clicking Deny is way to proceed to Lightroom.  Really annoying.  Happens every time I start LRC.  Running macOS 12.0.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 12.55.34.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LRC forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This permission is used to grant access to the embedded map. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disclaimer: speaking as Lightroom user here, not an engineer.

Lightroom has a built-in map module, which uses Chromium – it’s an open source browser engine which Google uses for building its Chrome browser. Chromium stores information (and I am guessing here) – the zoom ratio of the map, layers shown, etc.

A new version of LR will contain a new version of Chromium, which wants to access the old, stored information created with the previous LR map module. Therefore, your confirmation is needed (which can be granted by entering your login password).

More general info about Chromium Safe Storage: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8177861

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Frank.

But which password are they after? And where do I retrieve it from?

Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password to you keychain. Typically the password on your mac user account.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to be the case. I've entered the password for my Apple account (which accesses my passwords)  and even my Adobe PW just to try. Neither works.

Also, why am I dealing with this if I don't even use Chrome?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, you are correct but ... the request keeps appearing every time I re-open LR.

Does that make sense?

The password to you keychain. Typically the password on your mac user account.

By @anoren

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines