• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hovering over a preset previews it but clicking on it doesn't apply it

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date, there have been over a dozen reports of the following: When the user hovers the mouse over a preset in the Presets panel, the preset is correctly previewed in both the Navigator and Loupe (main) views. But when the user clicks on the preset to apply it, it doesn't get applied to the photo, and moving the mouse away restores the photo's previous appearance.

For most of these reports, resetting preferences fixes the problem.  

These previous reports will be merged here to make it easier for users with this problem to find the authoritative thread.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

"The presets are displayed but the picture does not change."

Do you mean that when you click on a preset in the Presets panel, no change is made to the main image?  If that's what's happening, then try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Many people with these particular symptoms have fixed the problem by resetting preferences. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich habe mir Lightroom classic heruntergeladen.

Ich kann leider nicht auf die Lightroom Presets zugreifen.

Angezeigt werde die Presets aber das Bild verändert sich nicht.

Muss ich mir die Presets extra herunterladen? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die mitinstallierten Presets sind natürlich kostenlos mit dabei.

Welche presets versuchst du zu verwenden? Die Entwicklungsregler sonst funktionieren und du siehst die Änderungen sofort?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The presets are displayed but the picture does not change."

Do you mean that when you click on a preset in the Presets panel, no change is made to the main image?  If that's what's happening, then try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Many people with these particular symptoms have fixed the problem by resetting preferences. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged ... and made it primary

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i cant apply preset normally, just in library. But in Develop is not possible. Previous is ok, but i need to apply normally- could someone help me, please? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hover the mouse over the preset in the Presets panel without clicking, do you see the effect of the preset in the main Loupe view?  But when you click on the preset, the preset doesn't actually get applied?

If those are your symptoms, then try resetting LR's preferences:

Many people have reported this issue, and resetting usually fixes it. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant delete prefenerces, becouse there is no button as usually..:/

Snímek obrazovky 2023-10-10 v 11.05.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... hold down the Opt key ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for some time now I have been having problems using the Lightroom Classic presets.
The presets are displayed and when I click on them with the mouse, the changes to the image are shown. However, when I move the mouse away from the preset, the image is back to its original state. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Lightroom 12.5 on Apple Mac Book Air M1
Tested with Nikon RAW photos, jpg and also DNG. Same problem.
Presets are not saved in the catalogue.

[moved from bugs to discussions according to community rules - Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, this requires you to Reset Preferences to fix. Back them up first and then reset them as per this article: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

As to the !? on the image, I'm not sure if you're referring to the slider. Not all presets trigger the slider. It has to be turn on when the Preset is being created.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the quick help. The reset worked. The presets work again. I'm just wondering what the problem is, because it happens from time to time. Is there a defective preset? Is it possible to find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The reset worked. The presets work again. I'm just wondering what the problem is"

It's a long-standing bug in LR.  LR's preferences mechanism has a serious design flaw that Adobe has chosen not to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a help doc on how to back up the preferences first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link from @SeanMcCormack above gives locations for the Preferences file. In Method 2.

Use the OS File Browser to Copy & Paste a 'backup'. 

(I make regular copies of the whole {C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom} folder.)

PREFERENCES RESET

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you that should have been obvious to me, lol, I appreciate the help!

Here's hoping resetting my preferences works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I need some advice and I don't know where to start, I've tried everything and I just don't know what to do anymore, I've bought presets (I won't give the link here, I don't know if it's allowed but I'll add it if it's OK), the presets appear normally in my lr but as soon as I want to apply them to the photo nothing happens, is there any kind soul here who can advise me? 🙂 thanks in advance for your help and have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the presets appear normally in my lr but as soon as I want to apply them to the photo nothing happens"

When you hover the mouse pointer over a preset in the Presets panel, do you see the effect of the preset temporarily appear on the main image?  And then when you click on the preset, nothing happens?

If that's what you're seeing, reset LR's preferences:

Many people have reported these symptoms, and resetting usually fixes it. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour, je suis sur mac, lightroom classic version 12,5 et depuis aujourdhui les presets ne s'appliquent plus sur mes photos, quelqu'un a t il une solution merci d'avance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover the mouse over a preset in the Presets panel, do you see the main image update with the effect of the preset?  And then when you click on the preset and move the mouse away, the effect doesn't stick? 

If those are your symptoms, reset LR's preferences:

There's been a longstanding bug with these symptoms that Adobe has never fixed, and resetting preferences restores correct behavior for many people. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oui c'est exactement cela, quand on passe la souris l'effet aparait sur la photo, mais quand on veut l'appliquer, ça ne fonctionne pas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines