• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) Ventura Known Issues - Please read before you upgrade your OS

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save your catalog on an external drive or if you are tethering with Nikon products, please read before you update your Mac OS to Ventura (13.x)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

The OS issue was discovered in the beta phase for Ventura. Without a release date from Apple, Lightroom Classic was released with a fix that mitigate the OS issue. After Lightroom's release, Apple released the final version of Ventura which mitigated their previous issue. Consequently, now, Lightroom Classic will need an update to function with the changed final version of Ventura.  An update for the drive issue should be release soon. Until then, space available, you can move your catalog to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load the picture onto my Mac and then I import it into Lightroom there is no problem. This can't be the solution, as I need the pictures on my external hard drive otherwise I'll use all my diskspace on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The basic problem is that you are connecting a USB hard drive through a hub.  If your drive is USB - C, try connecting it directly to the mini.  USB-A is the slowest form transfer you can use.  A direct connection is only 5 Mbps. Add a hub and you are constrained even further.  You don't say how large your catalog is, or how many photos you have.  You also don't specify your memory configuration.  All of these factors play into import speed.  You also don't tell us how you are importing the images (card reader - type of card, type of reader, how reader is connected, image format and size).  While there is a known and well-documented issue with LRC 12, Ventura, and external drives, you indicate your problem predates the install of either LRC 12 and Ventura.  I suggest your problem is everything external to your Mac.  You need to upgrade your harddrive to something much faster (minimally USB C, preferably Thunderbolt 3/4).  Ditto your card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers. I'm not using a USB-Hub, the WD 12 TB external hard drive is directly connected to the USB port of the Mac Mini M1 (not USB-C). Sorry, wrong explanation by myself. I have 8 GB RAM. I never had any Lightroom issues on the MacMini. They just came from nowhere some days ago. My catalog has around 400 photos. I have catalogs that are much larger and never had any issues. I export the photographs from the CF-Card to my external hard disk directly, rename it with "A better finder rename 11" and rate and select the photographs I want to edit with Photomechanic. Then I choose "Edit photos with > Lightroom" in Photomechanic when finally the import dialogue of Lightroom appears. I then import the photographs into Lightroom. As I said, I never had any issues on my Mac Mini with Lightroom. Once they are imported I can edit them without any problems and the export is pretty fast. It's just the import that now takes forever, even if it's just one file. If I copy the pictures on my MacMini, they import as fast as they did before the problems appeared. It's not a permanent solution as I have lots of photojobs with lots of files that I have to store on external hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've culled your images in Photomechanic, try exiting Photomechanic and just bring up Lightroom.  Import them directly without using PM as an intermediary.  If they import faster, your problem may be that having both PM and LR open at the same time may now be too much RAM usage and a lot of page swapping.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem aktuellen Lightroom Classic Update wird der alte Katalog derart zerstört, dass eine Fehlermeldung: Failed to initialize pixelmask storage, Dateiname-v12.ircat.data erzeugt. Eine weitere Nutzung ist nicht mehr möglich.

Apple MacBook Pro M1, Ventura-Betriebssystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

known bug, MACOS Ventura and catalog on external drive.

Workaround might be to move catalog to internal drive

Fix is to wait for Adobe to update v12

see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the folling also.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! Yesterday my Macbook Pro loaded the new OS- Ventura. Now when I attempt to open Lightroom Classic I get the following dialog box error:

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 7.47.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis l'installation de MacOS 13 Ventura je n'arrive plus à ouvrir Lightroom Classic

Le message d'erreur est :

Échec de l'initialisation du stockage du masque de pixels

Echec de la création du fichier de verrouillage dans le dossier : Canada 2022-v12.Ircat-data.

Le processus ne peut pas accéder au dossier car il est utilisé par un autre processus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I try to open Lightroom Classic this message comes out:

Impossible to initialize the mask archive based on pixels.

...???? what does it mean and why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atualização Lightroom 2023 com erro ? Alguem sabe como corrigir esse erro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fuzzy notion idea that gets updated regularly would be good: tomorrow? next week? next month? next year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

por favor alguem que faça alguma coisa , nao consigo trabalhar , passar os catalogos para desktop nao é solucao demora eternidades para alem do espaco que ocupam , edito casamentos e está o caos instalado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC start niet op. Op het scherm verschijnt de melding dat de pixelmaskeropslag niet kan worden geïnitialiseerd. Er kan geen vergrendelingsbestand worden gemaakt in de map (de naam van mijn catalogus).lrcat-data. Het lukt mij niet dit op te lossen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem. Please take a look here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-error-message-failed-to-initialize-pi...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an update (12.0.1) today that should deal with this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Is it an update for the Mac or for Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a tether cable for my Nikon D850. It works fine tethering in Lightroom Classic on my PC. My MAC will not recognize the Nikon D850.  Lightroom Classic is version is 12.0.1 and Ventura 13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, feel free to upvote the linked bug thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Since last week, I can't tether anymore with Lightroom classic with my Nikon D750. It was working perfectly before (with rosetta emulation mode) . I did update lightroom last week, though, and also my mac system (I am now under Ventura 13.0.1).

Any help? I have tried every single troubleshooting solution provided but nothing is working and I have to tether for work ASAP!

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethering is not working on lightroom using Macbook pro M1 Ventura 13.0.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera make/model are you trying tether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D850 

Just upgraded to the new MacBook Pro M1.

Iv always tethered to Lightroom when shooting with my last MacBook Pro Catalina. Workflow is quick & easy with tethered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines