• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Missing Profiles can cause presets not to appear in the UI

May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having hard time trying to install this presets... I use lightroom from many years but I can not get around this problem. I've tried everything:
-checked and unchecked Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets (final state: checked)

-checked and unchecked Store preset with catalog (final state: unchecked)

-reset prefs

-delete prefs

-reinstall Lightroom Classic from CC

-check visibility on +>manage presets...

-tried to delete the folder of Settings and add then again

Here's the LINK to PRESET maybe you can help me.

Adobe Lightroom Classic v10.2 Camera Raw 13.2

Thanks

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

I imported all the .xmp files in the Presets subfolder you posted, and they appeared in my presets panel as expected:

johnrellis_0-1592431303092.png

The message "Unable to import Presets : All items were already imported" indicates that perhaps you didn't properly unhide all the preset groups.  Click the + button in the upper-right corner, then Manage Presets, then make sure every group is checked.

[Use

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Most likely the Kodak Portra 400 .xmp preset has the Treatment & Profile option checked, and the preset refers to a Kodak Portra 400 .dcp camera profile (or perhaps a .xmp creative profile) that also needs to be imported. When the camera or creative profile is missing, LR will let you import the referring Develop preset but then not show the preset (one of numerous rough edges in the "new" LR preset design that Adobe hasn't cared to fix).  

See this post for how you can confirm that's what's h

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

When I do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select the downloaded Silky.zip, I see three presets:

johnrellis_0-1620922926275.png

Three .xmp files in the .zip didn't get imported: The Warm Up.xmp, The Cool Down.xmp, Silky.xmp. That's because these three had the Treatment & Profile box checked when they were created, and they refer to a creative profile named "Stache". If you edit the .xmp files i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

It's a bug that LR doesn't give you a warning when this happens -- it's wasting a lot of users' time. I finally submitted a bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-presets-silently-omitted-when-they-refer-to-nonexistent-creative-profiles/609d5f6ee077c600a4628cfd 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioriti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a preset that refers to a creative profile that hasn't been imported, LR silently omits it from the Presets panel. Users have not a clue what's gone wrong. LR should issue a warning when you import such a preset, and it should issue a warning when you delete a creative profile that's referenced by imported presets.  

This problem occurs with third-party presets that are provided without the accompanying creative profile, and it's not uncommon.  It's wasting a lot of users' time:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/some-preset-not-showing-up-in-lightroom-classic/td-... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/quot-unable-to-import-presets-all-items-were-alread... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-classic-10-2-imported-presets-not-viewable/m-p/1... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/error-warning-quot-unable-to-import-presets-all-ite... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/exporting-lr-presets-with-profiles-to-sell/m-p/1170... 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/exporting-presets-in-lrcc10/m-p/11626663 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/sigh-another-preset-question/m-p/11281450 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/cannot-create-import-new-preset-with-non-adobe-pro...

To reproduce:

1. Download and unzip this .zip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eoe005f63fxcnt/preset-without-profile-bug.2021.05.13.zip?dl=0 

2. Do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select "Preset using My LUT Creative Profile.xmp".  

3. Observe that the preset doesn't appear in the Presets panel.

4. Do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and select "My LUT Creative Profile.xmp".  

5. Observe that "My LUT Creative Profile" appears in the profile browser and "Preset using My LUT Creative Profile" now magically appears in the Presets panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with importing old develop presets that have been converted from the lrtemplate file format. Curiously, I have 5 LR catalogs and 2 of them import all the presets (no matter what profiles are used) but the 3 that are newly created in LR 10.3 will only import some of the presets. I've tried all kinds of workarounds to no avail. I've tried to figure out what the difference is between the ones that import and those that don't.... it doesn't always seem to be the profile. I've wasted way too much time on this and I'm under the gun with a deadline looming! Grrr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Does this vary from Camera Raw's handling of the same preset?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm struggling with the same problem and can't figure it out. I have a bunch of presets I installed and some of them show up and others don't. I can't find them anywhere and get an error message saying the preset has been installed already when I try to do it again. I'm also fairly new to it all so not too familiar with how the program works.

thanks a lot in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of the problem presets in a text editor such as Notepad or Textedit. Copy/paste all the lines into your reply here. I may be able to figure out what's going wrong and provide a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of the problem .xmp files in a text editor such as Notepad or Textedit. Copy/paste all the lines into your reply here. From that, I can tell you in detail what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a different issue from the topic of this thread. I suggest you make a new post so that it gets the proper attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is not with LR, it's with Camera Raw.

The preset is there but stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wasn't a real solution to the original problem, it was a workaround for performing the diagnostic step Rikk was asking about.

Is your problem that you have a preset that imports into LR but doesn't appear in the LR Presets panel?  If so, edit the preset's .xmp file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad or TextEdit) and copy and paste its contents in your reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removed the preset, converted the file to zip and import it using the UI in Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What precisely did you try?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this solution and I do see the presets loaded, but those few are still not doing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior in Camera Raw.

Though strangely, I couldn't import the .xmps directly. When I did Import Profiles And Presets and then navigated the open-file dialog to the folder containing the .xmps, they were greyed out.  I had to put them into their individual .zips and import the .zips.  Hmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am trying to import an XMP preset to Lightroom Classic. I just updated to the 11.3.1 Release and I am on a Macbook Pro running Monterey OS. I've tried to import the preset several times, and it does not show up under the Presets or Profiles. I imported it along with 2 other presets and those are showing up. When I try to import it now, Lightroom says "Unable to import presets - All items were already imported"

I've gone to preferences and I have Store Presets With Catalog unchecked, and Show Partially Compatible Presets checked. I've tried adding the XMP file to the presets folder in my library through the Finder. So far nothing has worked.

Suggestions are much appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a Profile preset, is it for a specific camera?

If this is a Develop preset, is your image RAW? If JPEG, do you have the preference option to show partually compatible presets turned on?  Not all presets work with JPEG.

Have you in presets, selected to manage them, and made sure the presets in question are selected for use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It should work with JPEGs (the person who sent it to me uses it with JPEGs) but I tried it with RAW too to double-check and the preset is still not showing up. Under Manage Presets I have everything checked off so all folders are showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset may reference a creative profile that you haven't imported into your LR.  If you attach the .xmp file for the preset here, we can quickly determine that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the file, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That preset does indeed reference the creative profile "1888AD.No1.ProIV" (creative profiles show up in the Profile browser in Develop's Basic panel). You can tell by editing the preset's .xmp and seeing the lines:

<crs:Look>
    <rdf:Description
     crs:Name="1888AD.No1.ProIV"
     crs:Amount="1"
     crs:UUID="4203D0B6C5900545B611D45825D2D568"
     crs:Stubbed="true">
    <crs:Group>
     <rdf:Alt>
      <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">1888AD.No1</rdf:li>
     </rdf:Alt>
    </crs:Group>

It's a bug that LR doesn't display imported presets when they reference creative profiles that haven't been imported:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-presets-silently-omit...

Perhaps you have the file 1888AD.No1.ProIV.xmp.  If you obtained the preset from someone else, you'll need to ask them for  1888AD.No1.ProIV.xmp.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I do have the profile file, what is the best way to import it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you! I do have the profile file, what is the best way to import it?"

You can import camera profiles and creative profiles using File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I offer outsource editing and my clients will sometimes send me their own original presets for each gallery. Recently, only the black and white presets will import into Lightroom and it's driving me crazy! Then if I try to import them again, it says they have already been inported but they don't show. I feel like I have tried everything. Her lightoom and mine are both updated to the newest version and I don't know what to do anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely that you're tripping over a long-standing LR bug, where the presets you're trying to import reference profiles that haven't been imported into your LR:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-missing-profiles-can-cause-preset-installati...

You can see if that's the case by opening of the problem .xmp files and looking for lines like these:

<crs:Look>
    <rdf:Description
     crs:Name="Test LUT Profile"

which will give you the name of the profile the preset references.  Ask your client to send along that profile (also a .xmp file) and import it into your LR with File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets -- the previously hidden presets you've been trying to import will now magically appear.

To help others, please let us know if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, open one of the problem .xmp files in a text editor and copy/paste the entire contents in your reply here, and we can investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines