• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic & the Lightroom Ecosystem products.

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look for AI-powered Lens Blur–giving you the ability to apply optical blur on any image regardless of how it was taken. Lens Blur is now available to try on all Lightroom surfaces.

How does Lens Blur work?
  • Lens blur applies a depth-based blur effect, similar to what can be achieved with real-world optical lenses, by using AI-generated or device-captured depth data (when available).
  • Lens blur will automatically prioritize focus for the detected subject, but you can also interactively adjust the focus distance. Precise focus range tuning is also available (currently desktop only: Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic, and Camera Raw).
  • You can also further customize the Bokeh shapes, highlight Boost (desktop only), and make depth map refinements (desktop only).

Will my Lens Blur adjustments on one surface be synced to other surfaces? I.e. mobile to web to desktop, and vice versa?
  • Yes, all edits will sync. To revert settings, you can go back to previous versions or history steps, or un-apply Lens Blur settings.

Can I add Lens Blur settings to my presets?
  • No, presets and copy + paste workflows are not currently enabled for Lens Blur during Early Access.

For more information, please check out Lens Blur. 

Please give it a try and share feedback in this thread as we continually improve this feature.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager

Current Popular Lens Blur Feature Requests:

Stop by and give them a vote if they're of interest to you!

Posted by: 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Please report your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

If you encounter GPU driver issues while using ML features in LrClassic/LrD/ACR, please try to update to the latest macOS version or if you are on a Windows machine, follow https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html to update your machine to the latest GPU driver and  see if the problem resolves itself.

If the OS or the driver is not available or possible and the problem persists, then try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1965 Replies 1965
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a way to defocus the entire image using this tool. Right now, I don't see a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@t.linn, "I would like to have a way to defocus the entire image using this tool. Right now, I don't see a way to do that."

johnrellis_0-1698522607460.png

Expand the Refine section by clicking on the triangle. Click Blur. Set Amount = 200, Size = 100, Feather = 0. Click and brush across the entire photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to set the focus range slider to focus on the narrrowest range and move the focus to the front of the image or the back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, being an analog and digital shooter I am everything but a friend of over computerized digital pics. Nevertheless, just tonight, I developed a picture where I was so happy to have this tool available! Furthermore, I was able to dose the effect very moderately. Good move. i like it and will only use it when really needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excelente, fácil de utilizar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After tryining it once: I can see I will have fun with this.  It was fairly intuitive to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be better if incorporated into masking. i.e. When selecting a subject of several objects covering a foreground, the AI misses some and, therefore, does not limit the blur to the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it takes up the strg+9 shortcut of calibration which has been part of my workflow for ages now. is there a way to change that back? or what is the new shortcut for calibration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@danielp13916027  The shortcuts for the panels are assigned dynmically based on the order of the panels. You can customize the order as per your requirements by right-clicking on any of the panel headers. Based on your final order of panels, LrC will assign the shortcuts to each of them. Don't forget to restart LrC once after customisation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you sir this saved my workflow ❤️ thanks a lot XD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Histogram takes Cmd-0, leaving only Cmd 1-9 for what are now 10 develop panels. In the default setup, Cmd 9 opens the Effects panel. How can I open the Calibration panel with a keyboard shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

There's currently no way to assign a shortcut to all 10 Develop panels. However, as Chinoy suggested above, you can rearrange the default order of the panels to put the least-used panel last. E.g. if you use Effects least, move it to be last by right-clicking its panel header and doing Customize Develop Panel:

johnrellis_1-1700154714124.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please checkout the section on "Customize the order of Develop panels": https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/develop-module-tools.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love it makes images stabd out more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has made 20 % of my photos a hundred times better than what they were before. " WOW "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hij vertraagd programma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised at how well this worked mostly how well I could control it. I will need to spend a good deal more time with it before I'm comfortable with a full evaluation. Right now I'm concerned that in a certain image where I wanted a plane in focus (geometry plane, not airplane) I did get a person in focus but another object on the same plane wasn't. 

I'm using this in ACR. 

I'm trying to figure out how to define a plane to keep in focus. I'm still new at this release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meraviglioso grazie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick ussage is great. I find it not so accurate with some subjetcs and backgrounds. Still, a great new tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Blur edits will not save to pics.

Hey, I just finished applying lens blur to about 50 photos, and I go back to look at them but the effect has not saved ( sad since it's after I waited 30 seconds for each photo to apply the filter and more time spent on manually brushing blur and focus). The apply button is still checked when i go back to look at the photos in lightroom, but the effects haven't saved. At first,  I assumed I forgot to hit save, or that I had forgotten to apply the lens blur so i appled the effect once more. That batch remains with the re-done effects, but the ones i did just hours before (during the same session) no longer have it. What do you think I am doing wrong? I've got no clue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which app did you use to apply the lens blur? Lr or ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick usage looks fantastic. Right off the bat, one thing I would like to see is an indicator in filmstrip as to which images have lens blur applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having troubles with export after the use of the function lens blur. It doesn't matter if i export in DNG or JPG etc. It sits half way "rendering" and it stays half way.

I tried it on my ipad, iphone and pc. unfortunately without succes. Can you guys help? 

greetings,

Luuk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please move this post to Lr Ecosystem (Cloud Based)

Screenshoot Author AttachedScreenshoot Author Attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines