• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photos imported twice every time

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow when I import photos from my camera, Lightroom duplicates all of them and creates a "...-2.jpg" file for every single photo.

Both sets of photos show up in the library and in "develop". I have to sort them out and delete all the "...-2.jpg" files.

How do I stop this function? Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

The LrC Team has not been able to reproduce this behavior. 

For those of you who are experiencing this behavior:

1. OS Version Number?
  2. Current installed Lightroom Version Number?
  3. Camera Model?
  4.  Connection method for memory card (Camera Direct, Internal Card Reader, External reader, Copy to Hard Drive, etc)
  5.  Repeatability (every time, some times, seldom)

Note: The only time I've seen this personally, was direct camera connect on a 5D Mark IV with internal cards set to mirror. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "do not import selected duplicates" efinitely doesn't work for me ... checked or unchecked, it ALWAYS shows duplicates of the C-RAW files, even on a newly-formatted card (regardless of how the card is connected to the computer) .. I'm not converting when importing, I am copying to the library (external USB drive) .. I'm on macOS 12.4, Lightroom Classic v11.3.1, and I shoot with a EOS R6

Interestingly enough, cards that have ONLY files from my EOS 90D do NOT show duplicates. But, if there are any images from my R6 on the card, duplicates are always shown until i click to another folder, then back to the device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MindStormPhoto wrote:

Is this a known bug on the current version of LR? I think this started with the latest update, though I cannot be absolutely sure of that.

First answer: No. 

2nd suggestion since it's getting difficult to troubleshoot your issues due to lack of data from you, try to roll back one version and test (then you'll know)

To go back (revert) to previous versions, use the Adobe Creative Cloud application, next to the product you want to revert, click on... (three little dots) and pick "other versions." Install the last version and let us know.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Ain't gonna happen...

My Creative Cloud refuses to update any version of LRC or PS. It always ways "your admin has disabled update, yada, yada" yet I am the only admin on my home system.  I contacted Adobe on that issue a couple months ago. They got control of my system and removed a zillion background processes. When they were done, my updates worked again... ONCE.  It will no longer update again. When I read about a new release being available, I delete both LRC and PS and them install the newest version. I then verify that yes, the newest version is indeed installed.

This is pretty clearly an Adobe bug.  It does happen 100% of the time, making it all the harder to fix.  It happened on 3 card uploads last night, but on none of the 4 uploads tonight.  I am now in Albania, and going to North Macedonia tomorrow, then 2 months in Indonesia. I am not really in a posisiton to let Adobe take control of my systems for hours to explore this now.

Enough other people have reported the exact same problem (Google, or look at Matt Klowkoski's Facebook page, where I first posted this to see such responses) that I have to believe it is an Adobe bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were told how to report a bug.

That you can't downgrade (which isn't a bug) is something you'll have to fix on your side.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already done that, and spent an afternoon while an Abode tech took control of my machine and deleted decade-old stuff, and declared me working and fine. It did work for exactly one update, then went back to the "you are not authorized for update..." again.

There is clearly an Adobe bug. More to the point, it is NOT just on my machine. When I posted this query in Facebook (prior to posting here), I got 5 people saying they had the same problem within an hour of my posting.

I am now traveling (in Albania tomorrow, then North Macedonia tomorrow, then Indonedia in a few days, for two months) and cannot really allow that multi-hour of Adobe engineers to flounder and fix a one-time problem only to have it appear again next week,

On a positive note, I did do only "copy" tonight, with "convert to DNG" later. I also put the "detect deplicates" on, which I have had off for a decade. With that change, all 4 of my downloads tonight worked fine. Since the problem is not consistent, I am not ready to call the problem resolved, and the separate convert to DNG and create 1;1 previews is a PITA.  However, it worked one evening in our travels, so despite the pain, I am hopefull...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is clearly an Adobe bug.

I am completely convinced you believe this is an Adobe bug. I'm not convinced you'll take action and as recommended, file a bug report. Since you are convinced this is a bug, what more can other user volunteers who post here hoping to help you do sir? 

No one (as yet) here has bumped into this bug. But even if someone did, clearly your only option is to roll back a version (you are unable to unlike others) or file a bug report and wait on a fix. 

More to the point, it is NOT just on my machine.

More to the point, no such bugs on other machines. The duplication issue or the inability to log into our ACC accounts and roll back. I'm completely convinced you do suffer issues on your Mac. Since you say you are traveling and can't fix it, let's move on OK? 

You were asked to provide a screen capture of your import settings, but that didn't result. 

You were asked to reset your preferences (twice now), but we still have no idea what you tried. 

There is only so much remote user to user support we can aid you with! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues running LRC on my 2020 iMac. The problem just started about a month ago and it is only about 30% of the time that I import and get duplicates. I have checked the settings mentioned earlier. It is quite annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a final thought for the night, earlier today there was an advice provided to try resetting your LrC preferences, have you tried this and then reboot LrC foe the changes to take place. There have been several instances in the past months where this solves "weird" issues.

In the meantime, worth trying:

Reset the preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You thread is posted in the Discussion section of the forum, if you wish to report a bug do so in the "Bug" section. There are instructions there as to how that needs to be done.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LrC Team has not been able to reproduce this behavior. 

For those of you who are experiencing this behavior:

1. OS Version Number?
  2. Current installed Lightroom Version Number?
  3. Camera Model?
  4.  Connection method for memory card (Camera Direct, Internal Card Reader, External reader, Copy to Hard Drive, etc)
  5.  Repeatability (every time, some times, seldom)

Note: The only time I've seen this personally, was direct camera connect on a 5D Mark IV with internal cards set to mirror. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as (partly) mentioned in my posting:

• macOS (11.6.1, 12.2.1)
  • LR-C 11.1
  • iPhone 13 Pro (15.2, 15.3.1)
  • Lightning Cable
  • Every Time

And to make it clear: That problem started after the last or the one update before of Lightroom.

Regards . Götz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to add:

• LR-C 11.2 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS 12.0.1

LRC 11.2 Build 202201281441-a5b5f472

SD card slotted into external card reader

Copy photos to external hard drive.

This has been happening for at least 4 LR updates. However, it's been more sporadic recently. No rhyme or reason to why it happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ozphotographs_0-1649597221502.png

Happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 12.0

2. Lightroom Classic 11.2

3. Sony A7riii

4. internal card reader

5. every. single. time. they are doubled. It has been this way for the past few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with Lightroom Classic v11.3.1 .. macOS 12.3.1 .. using a USB 3.1 SD card reader and Lexar UHS-II 128GB card .. EOS R6 RAW images (happened with my EOS 7D and happens with my EOS 90D, also) .. happens nearly every time:

1. insert card into card reader (only card reader attached)
  2. open LR import dialog
  3. ALL images are duplicated (said I had 11,114 images)
  4. Click to another folder/device in the import
  5. Click back to the EOS_DIGITAL device
  6. Now I have 5,557 images (the correct amount)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as described duplicating all image files upon import:

1. MacOS 11.6.1 Big Sur

2. Lightroom Classic 11.3.1

3. Canon R6 (does not happen with my R5)

4. External reader

5. Every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS 12.3.1 Monteray

Lightroom Classic, (doesn't happen in on line Lightroom)

Fuji XT2

Card in Card readere slot on mac.

Every Time. For months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Mac OS 12.3.1 Monterey

LR Classic 11.3.1

Canon EOS RP

Import from the card in the camera

Every time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously people continue to experience this issue, no matter that the LrC team can't reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the correct answer. My 5D Mark IV does it, not set to mirror and transferred from a card reader. Please don't mark this as correct since it hasn't solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is marked as correct because it is the current update from Adobe. 

It is also a request for additional information.

Personally, I've tested numerous times on Windows (10),  Mac (10.15, 11,x and 12.x including 12.3.1). I've tested with camera connect, internal card reader and two different brands of external card reader. I've also tested using CF, SD, and CF Express Cards.  Canon 5D Mark IV and Canon R5 were used in my test.

Additionally, the Classic team has attempted to reproduce this on their test machines and, thus far, no one has reproduced this yet - save for the example I called out in my original post. 

Until we can get a reproducible case that can be verified or discover a missing piece of information there isn't a lot we can do.  Hence, I am repeating my request from the post currently marked as correct (although 'Official' would be a better term - but I dont' have control over forum nomenclature.

• OS Version Number?
  • Current installed Lightroom Version Number?
  • Camera Model?  
  • Connection method for memory card (Camera Direct, Internal Card Reader, External reader, Copy to Hard Drive, etc)  
  • Repeatability (every time, some times, seldom) 
  • Step-by-step instructions

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the problem for a long time over several versions af lrc and at least two version of MAC OS and do still have the problem.

I mayby have discovered a behavour, that could give a hint to Adobes developers.

If I inserted the SD card select the SD card at the top in the list of sources, I get two copies of each photo.

If  I select the SD card at the bottom of the source list and navigate to the folder with the photos, I get only one copy of each photo. This will also happen, if I initially did select the SD card at the top.

The behavour is consistent with cards form canon 70D and from sony rx10.

• MAC OS Big Sur 11.6.5
  • LRC 11.3.1
  • Canon 70D and Sony RX10
  • Memory card in Benq Monitor
  • Can be repeated infinitly

Best regards

Torben Bang Pedersen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Torben I think you might be importing JPEG's and raw if your camera is set to record both, then your situation would present itself. 
what are your camera settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is teo raw files, I dont take jpegs😏

/Torben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines