• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
New Here ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and Adobe gives no solution with 13.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. "Syncing 16 photos" (which is an improvement from "Syncing 243 photos" I would see on LR <=13.2).

It's been going all night, and when I woke up I found this—a memory leak!

davispw_0-1716741177042.png

It's also been using 120% CPU constantly.  I'm fairly sure that's due to syncing, because I paused syncing and restarted LR, the CPU usage went back to normal.

So, syncing is causing high resource usage, crash due to memory leak, loss of battery life on my laptop, and me having to frequently restart LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one force quit the first night on windows too, direcetly after the update. The following day it worked, but yes it took a lot of CPU resources during the whole re-sync process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a "all sync errors" "collection" right under catalog, but it is not showing everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lrc-13-3-sync-seems-stuck-13-photos-syn... 

The common symptoms are that LR is showing "Syncing n photos" after several days, there is no All Sync Errors collection in LR Classic and no Sync Issues album in LR Cloud, and Sync otherwise works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My syncing was so slow, I assumed that something was wrong. I was getting 7-10 syncs roughly every 8 minutes. So, I shut off sync in LrC, dump the cloud copy from Lr web and started over. That was roughly at noon my time and it is now 6:30pm. So, in 6 1/2 hours I have synced 2200 photos. Lightning fast compared to what it was doing, but functionally useless as I have 112,000+ photos. This must be Adobe’s latest comment on why we should pick LrC or Lr, but not both. Stupid, who do they have testing this stuff, people with 50 photos? This is totally unacceptable, especially since they took away any debug we had previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is the web interface supposed to know what LR Classic has trouble with anyway?

By @Wurstkrapfen

There can be multiple causes of stuck sync. The Web interface knows which photos haven't synced up properly. For example, photos that are only partially synced up from a phone won't be able to download into Classic until they finished syncing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, Lightroom Classic upodated to Version 13.3, now sync no longer works. It shows 75 files syncing and remains there.  I looked for errors on the web version (the new place for errors) and none are found. 

Win 11 Home ver 10.0.22631

LR Classic- Ver 13.3

Thank you for the help!

-Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problems - I updated LrC 5 days ago and in 5 days trawling through community and help I have found no solution to sync problems, have uninstalled 13.3 and reverted to earlier catalog. Adobe need a proper fix before next update, some proper guidelines to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similiar issue, since upgrading to LRC 13.3 it stock at Syncing 45 photos.
Not sure how to proceed since "Rebuild of SyncData" seems not to work anymore and right now I even read it's not recommended to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with 20 images. However, it has also confused my Adobe portfolio in that Lightroom shows one number of images (same qty as lightroom Classic catalogue) yet the number in my portfolio is lower and I get messages saying cannot connect until sync is complete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. 20 photos stuck in sync with LRc 13.3 on Win11. No sync errors on LR web or CC. Everything was synced and working fine before upgrading. I've done all of the troubleshooting.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR Classic 13.3 shows one photo stuck in syncing. However, in Lightroom (not classic) it shows no sync errors. With 13.3 (Classic) I can find no way to determne what photo is "stuck."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link to the Lightroom Queen forum. It will help explain the changes that occured with v13.3

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/SYNC TROUBLESHOOT 2024-05

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us (myself included) are experiencing this anomaly. See this thread:

LrC 13.3 sync Seems Stuck - 13 photos syncing - li... - Adobe Community - 14634960

I will merge this thread into that one to keep the conversations in one place.

Just to add my experience: LR Spent several hours dancing between "Syncing 11 photos" "Syncing 26 photos" and "Syncing 1 photo." Eventually after a few hours it stopped its dance, and now has just landed on "Syncing 1 photo" for about the past 5-6 hours. I am not seeing any of the previously mentioned "Sync Errors" or anything else like that in the Catalog panel:

LR 13.3 Sync 01.pngLR 13.3 Sync 02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number of photos to sync just does not work.

I can see that I have 400 smartpreviews left to upload because thats the number that is still missing in the shared album. LR classic is in no way reflecting that. Without checking the album with external apps (and knowing how much photos are supposed to be there) I would have no idea when it's done looking at LR Classic only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new sync is completely messed up. I thought I was lucky as all my originals are in Lightroom Classic. I have collection groups that contain images that are, or were, in my Adobe Portfolio. So I was safe to remove the sync options from all my collections. Then Delete all synced data and start again. At first, I thought this was successful, all images were synced and all collections /albums were in Adobe Cloud. Green Tick in Lightroom Classic, Numbers and Album names agreed so I Started re-populated Adobe Portfolio. I then noticed that the UK Birds album contained Flora and Fauna. Checking all versions of Lightroom including Lightroom Classic I discovered that all the collection/album names had been swapped. around. Renaming did not work, whichever version of Lightroom I used. I am currently re-syncing one album at a time and then I will see if syncing correctly adds and deletes files in a synced collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it with the support chat. After several days and hours in the chat I still not got a location where to upload the created 'LrSyncDiagnostic.zip'.
So seems it's not containing too much valuable information.
Instead I got provided over and over the same steps with "pausing sync on device a, b,c", "resume sync", "wait for another view hours", "logout from Creative Cloud App"...

We are still not moving on and I'll wait for comunity feedback.

Since so many people are affected I'm confident Adobe will fix it on one or the other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck with 11 pending uploads on mobile (was clear before).

And 18 photos stuck in LRC (was 2 before).

And no place telling me which photos are the problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SHP Photography when you deleted all sync data, how exactly did you do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my Lightroom library from my Profile, Account Info on lightroom.abobe.com. I got there via Lighroom Classic prefs. Before I did that I made sure all sync on LR Classic was disabled and once deleted I waited for all my devices to clear before turning on sync in LR Classic. I had to do this twice as the first time I turned on sync (clicking on the square to the left of the collection name) one after the other and that is when all collection names got messed up. The second time I did it I did one collection at a time and waited for each to fully sync.

Everthing is working now as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea... This was the path I took as well. Unfortunately, I have a combination of over 400 Collection Sets and Collections with over 100,000 photos. Although this sequence of events works, it is still a horribly slow, and frankly, Adobe screwed this up with either a horrible Sync design, or a horrible QA process. Either way, this is Adobe's mess to clean up and they better get on it, before it has a disastrous effect on their user base. As good as they are, every product can be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Yep, that's the way to go for anyone who wants to take the nuclear option. Just deleting the photos won't do the trick. It should be a last resort, of course, but it does get you up and running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was lucky that my setup made that easy, in that I would not lose any images as the originals were all local and in Lightroom Classic.

I have just finished another session with Adobe support, where they did some tests yesterday and came back again tonight. I got no indication of syncing, the cloud icon was always green & ticked and saying Synced. Plus the issue with renaming Synced collection names. This is now fixed. We created a new catalogue then changed to that catalogued for syncing and synced a few images, letting sync take place. It took 30 min to download. We then went back to the original catalogued and changed syncing back to that catalogued and it appears to be working now showing me syncing taking place and how many images, this was done in small groups. It looks as if, in my case, disabling syncing from my first catalogue need a kick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines