• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaelj60284726 The archive locally option issues you're having sound like this bug: P: Archive edits doesn't archive edits (on Windows 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What alternatives are they that offer shared album features like Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only aware of two:

1. ON1 Photo Raw, however it does not do sub-albums (what we would call Collections within Collection Sets). Everything is at the root level.
  2. Mylio. As a DAM I really like it. There is no cloud involved, you store your own photos and are responsible for those backups, but it's private. It will sync to any and all devices you want via a proxy mechanism. The editor is horrible weak, it's really just a DAM. But, it will link to any app you have for editing. I've been on it in parallel for over a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as everyone else, sync is stuck on "Syncing 13 photos" whilst using the option to "View Sync Status on Web" is very unhelpfully telling me that there are 0 sync issues. There's also no corrsponding sync issues folder under the Catalog in LrC. At least in previous versions of LrC you could see which photos were causing the sync issues, now that's literally impossible!

Michael24017688p9eu_0-1716994348869.png

Michael24017688p9eu_1-1716994502884.png

Michael24017688p9eu_2-1716994532882.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like mine, with the additon that the mobile app is also stuck with uploading something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It was stuck with 580 photo's syncing, sometimes going up a bit and than down again.

I deleted all synced data (on the web). Rsyncing seemed to go well, but slow, 45000 took 2 days.

But, now a part of my photo's won't sync. LrC says its ready, but they do not show up in Lr or my mobile.

Nor does the diganostic report shows any errors, it seems.

So, the previous sync was not perfect at all, but this version is very bugy.

Adobe should fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who want the Sync Activity list (or something similar) back, there is now a feature request you can go and vote on: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-provide-list-of-images-that-are-being-synce...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned in another thread, but I'll note it here

I was on the verge of going the nuclear route and starting things over, but decided to try rebuilding the sync data first. Lightroom Classic did its thing, relaunched, started and finished syncing, and it appears things are good to go for me. 

That said, Adobe officially does not recommend this route according to their own help pages, and I make no guarantee it'll work for you. I have no idea what the risks of doing it are, either. All of my stuff is stored locally, so I wasn't too worried. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still nuclear , at least before the update this meant reuploading everything (like after the update) and downloading on every mobile devices (we all know they can't do it in the background). That's still multiple days of work for those with a huge catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went nuclear as well and based on calculations of syncs so far, mine will take 50 days. But, we'll have a really clean sync when we are done. Before I started I optimized the catalog, and regenerated all my smart previews prompted by a query of Victoria's. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog has 140k images in it and it took seconds.... which, seems questionable, but hey it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 13.3 update, which improves the syncing mechanisms (I'm curious how), and I went through the catalog upgrade and the rebuild of the sync with the whole up and down of the numbers, my sync has stabilised and been stuck at "Uploading 122 photos" for a few days now despite restarts and such. Before I updated my sync was up to date and happy, and I still have no "Sync Issues" in LRC but I've had hangs before that I was able to fix either by ensuring the location was properly accessible or by simply removing and resyncing if the preview generation or metadata got caught. Earlier versons had a helpful dialog where I could check a list of photos that were currently trying to sync and sort out any issues that might occur. That's gone now, replaced with a link to lightroom web sync issues, which is all well and good and I'm glad it's there, but currently it shows 0 issues so isn't much help with this current hang.

Is there, or could you add some sort of filter for sync status, like lightroom desktop has, so we can find these photos that have lost their way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people having this issue, unfortunately. No workaround has been published yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might like to add your vote to this feature request: P: Provide list of images that are being synced in each direction in LrC itself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Also, love your site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Updated to new 13.3, when tried to sync new collection, got stuck in a sync loop and also photos on synced media weren't displaying or weren't displaying with LRC Presets or edits. I did the initial rebuild and sync initialising but errors continued.

Fixed (more like cleared) sync loop issue as it was bugging me by deleting all of the new attempted synced collections on Web platform then had to look in LRC All synced images folder and had to look at every photo to see if it was marked as Already synced or uploading to Lightroom. Deleted the ones from this folder that were uploading to Lightroom and it cleared the sync loop, however didn't fix the failure to render error message listed on newly synced collections (I tried again) nor correct the rendering errors on other media after attempting anew sync. Haven't tried syncing again since then, I will await an update to see if this issue is fixed. Very dissapointing Adobe. Sync was slow and unreliable before but still worked. Agreed it would be great to see what photos were stuck syncing so as we can deleteor stop syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LightRoom Classic has been indicating that it is synching 18 files for over 2 weeks now.

It always says 18, and it doesn't matter if I have shut down or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how Adobe want you to troubleshoot sync: How do I troubleshoot Sync issues with Classic 13.3 and later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? "Merge" that is.

I did Victoria's protocol and then did the Chat option getting a live tech
without too much trouble.

He remoted into my machine (after some difficulty getting Adobe and Windows
to cooperate), worked his way through the process of doing the log,
locating the "stuck" files, and then having me "fix" the files so that they
would then sync. We created a Collection and had the list of problem files
from the Binary Upload section of the log. We then had to locate each
file, put it in the Collection, and do the "fix."

The fix for the files was to edit each individual file in the Develop
module by changing a single slider. This simple edit amazingly then
allowed the file to sync/upload. After they had all synced, I could and
did then go back to each one and reset the slider I had changed; in some I
just went to the History and cleared the last edits. Both methods seem to
work.

Bottom line: I still don't know why certain files were "stuck." And, I
don't know why tweaking the edit, no matter how small, frees everything up.

It did seem to take a couple of cycles, but I now have a fully synced icon
in LrC.

So, not knowing how to "merge" this into the other thread, perhaps you can
help.

Thanks for understanding,

Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kent26887073jl8s you don't need to do anything, a moderator has already merged it. I'm so pleased to hear you're back up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Offer removed as Support has now caught up with the process]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That whole idea is pretty infuriating. Iv worked with Adobe Support twice on this issue and in both cases they did not want the log reports. Several others have reported the same. Rather we spent thirty minutes reviewing what LrC version I was using and what my OS version was. After a few hours I was told the only solution is to wait a few weeks for the an update, and my case was closed. If the Engineers want the log files they should be instructing Adobe Support to collet them, not having user data sent to a third party to be backdoor into Adobe engineering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I've had similar encounters with Adobe Support...hours upon hours of useless remote "help" that just isn't worth the time and effort. Imagine if other paid for subscription services started asking you to send your data to them via a random third party in order to diagnose your issue...amateur hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines