• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Regarding Sync Issues in 13.3 and removal of Sync Activity in Preferences

Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic 13.3 early Tuesday morning. It has been running almost constantly since. I have taken it down about three times and brought it back up. For at least the last 24 hours, when I hover my cursor over the Cloud icon in the upper right, I see "Uploading 13 photos". I have synched another collection and later unsynched another. During those times the number changes for a few minutes but soon returns to 13. I have captured a Lightroom Diagnostic file but am not sure how to get it to you.

Thanks, Alan Hunt.

Here is my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.3 [ 202405092057-40441e28 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 11.0.22631
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 20
Processor speed: 2.9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0.0%
Power Source: Plugged In, 100% 
Built-in memory: 65220.6 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 357.6MB / 5996.0MB (5%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65220.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3876.9 MB (5.9%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5061.9 MB
GDI objects count: 842
USER objects count: 2222
Process handles count: 6175
Memory cache size: 2419.1MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.3 [ 1863 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 798MB / 32610MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: -1MB / 65220MB (0%)

Cache1: 
Final1- RAM:153.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-240518-5932-Edit.tif
Final2- RAM:33.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, 0114 Disney_0045-Edit.jpeg
Final3- RAM:10.0MB, VRAM:0.0MB, AH-131223-8862.jpg
Final4- RAM:84.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, AH-240518-5928-Edit.tif
NT- RAM:280.0MB, VRAM:39.0MB, Combined:319.0MB

Cache2: 
m:2419.1MB, n:279.6MB

U-main: 199.0MB

System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (31.0.15.5244)
Init State: GPU for Image Processing supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\- Lightroom Catalogs\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13\AH Lightroom Catalog-v13-3.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alan_\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins: 
1) AdobeStock
2) Any Filter
3) Aurora HDR
4) Export to Photomatix Pro
5) Helicon Focus Export
6) Iridient X-Transformer
7) LogiOptions
8) LOWCC Wrangling
9) LR/Mogrify 2
10) Nik 6 HDR Efex
11) Nikon Tether Plugin
12) Plugin Parameters
13) Shuffles
14) Topaz Photo AI

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

The new Sync engine is incompatible with that previous UI component. 
Please review the changes in Syncing here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Also, review Victoria Bampton's article on the changes to Sync Troubleshooting in LrC 13.3 and beyond: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic: Try Unsyncing all synced collections and then delete all images from the "All Synced Photographs" under the Catalog tab.  Don't delete anything in the Cloud Website or you'll permanently lose it.  Quit LR Classic and reopen. Then loook at the Cloud icon upper right and see if it has a checked green dot that says 'Synced."

Now try editing in the Develop Module. Mine is fast and works fine now. I think the problem lies in the cloud Sync mechanism.  

This worked for me.  I stopped the 'stuck' sync issue and made the Develop module run normally.  I also left LR on for a full day with 'Don't sleep when syncing' mode turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@photoshop64  Thanks very much for this tip. I was able to go to the Catalog Panel where there was a sub panel something like 'Sync Errors" (sorry if that is not exactly the term, since it's gone now thankfully). In there were the two photos that were creating the sync error. I simply deleted those two then the sync started again briefly as the error cleared. That "Error" sub panel disappeared. After shutting LrC down and restarting, the program now moves much more quickly through the images in both Library and Develop.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thsnks, I'll give this a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic always displays that there is one photo to be synchronized.
I explored everything based on suggestions I found (ADobe support online) to see what's going wrong but I don't find a solution.
Displaying the synchronization problems on the web doesn't mention any issues.
Version: LIghtroom classic 13.4
WIndows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps see "UI Changes in Lightroom Classic 13.3 : in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

specifically, "If you see a sync that is stuck for a long time. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Txs for this info.
I already checked this article.
No issues found, but still sync'ing for 1 image...
Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 photos stuck in syncing and I'm unable to view why or which ones, as they aren't shown in sync errors or in view sync online as advised in the FAQ. I have a large catalogue and this has occured before requiring adobe support. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted (by me) post merge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Sync errors catalog was (eventually) created, but only contained 3 images.

* I removed them, and LR is still showing "syncing 4 photos".

* Sync Status on web shows no issues/photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all instructions, Is this the correct customer support they suggest in the article. There's no link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted (by me) post merge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the lost files that refuse to upload, 122 to be exact. It was originally 128 when I first updated but after going through all of these replies here, I ran the diagnostics. Unfortunately, under the new sync errors location there are none even on the web version. Nothing in LR itself and nothing listed in the report under BinaryUploader, however there are a bunch of items listed under "Syncing Errors and Assets" in the diagnostic. I have 10 that are listed with the file names, so I went through and altered those slightly and after that it dropped from 128 to 122. I have ran LR over night in hopes it would sort itself but to no avail and after another running of the diagnostics those files are still listed. Beneath that section there are several listed "Document ID" which look to be encrypted and not specified file names and next to that it says "Sync Status" 'Uploading'. I have no idea where to find those folders or which images they are associated. Restarting both computer and LR has not changed anything and I am, like my LR sync status, stuck. 

For what it's worth, I am running LR 13.4 on 2015 MacBook Pro MacOS 12.7.5. Before I updated to 13, I had zero sync errors. 

Has anyone had luck downgrading to LR12 resyncing then upgrading back to LR13? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I have plugged in each of my external HD as well as opened LR on all 3 of my devices to help clear the uploads but that did nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did a downgrade successfully and am again thrilled with Adobe!

Just for reference info: I run a Macbook M1 Pro Max, 10 cores, 64gb ram, 4tb ssd and only have a 300 megabit internet service (that max available where I am). I was on LrC 13.4 and had no backup catalog that wasn't 13.4. I have 113,400 photos and videos and was so frustrated with Adobe, that if I could not find a solution, I was going to move everything to ON1 Photo Raw 2024.5. Anyway, the entire process took 3 days from clean install to full sync. I have no sync errors, my file counts are perfect and all is great!

This is a post I put on lightroomqueen.com, which consider to be the best place for Adobe support: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/a-solution-that-worked-for-me-to-resolve-the-curren...

The full post follows...

I have heard for a long time about how Adobe has done such a great thing by fixing the Sync issues, at the expensive of LrC becoming nearly useless due to performance issues. Personally, I never had sync issues with over 100,000 photos and videos, except the rare occasion I was out of sync doe to something in my last upload, and then I could diagnose it myself and fix it. Today, not even Adobe can fix the mess, that's why there has been no release to fix either the sync issues or the performance. And these are the ONLY 2 issues they should be focusing on, not all the miscellaneous crap. Until recently I always saved back to XMPs, when I was convinced it is not necessary. Well, when you can't trust the software developer, they do seem to be needed after all. So, here's what I did to get back to a happy state. I didn't have a catalog prior to 13.3 (my mistake).

So here are my steps:

1. Went to Lr web and deleted everything from the cloud
  2. Deleted all my photos that were in my LrC photos folder and sub-folders
  3. Loaded Creative Cloud app and uninstalled LrC
  4. Deleted my catalog and support files
  5. Reinstalled a clean version
  6. Started LrC and immediately exited to create a new Classic work area with a catalog
  7. Back in Creative Cloud, I install the older version of 13.2
  8. Also, turn off auto-update of apps, since adobe has become so irresponsible with their releases
  9. Deleted the catalog created in step 6
  10. Restarted LrC and it created a 13.2 catalog and now I'm back at 13.2
  11. Install my photos from a backup drive that had all my XMPs
  12. After LrC settled down, I did a catalog optimze and restart
  13. Created a Smart Album of photos not in any album(s)
  14. Loaded all those into a Collection of the same name and turned on Sync for that Collection
  15. I'm back to normal upload speed, which for me is about 3500-4000 photos per hour, versus the 1 photo per minute I was getting with 13.3 and 4
  16. Plus, LrC responds like normal, even while syncing, all my original performance has been restored
  17. Now, I just use my keywords as the base to rebuild my collections and I'll be done

I'm pretty sure that's all the details i used in this process, and I'm now back up and running normally after just a few days to re-upload everything. I easy wasted more time waiting for LrC to respond over the last couple weeks than it took to do this entire process, and all I had to do was watch and wait.

Hopefully, this might help you or anyone else in a similar situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So never to update? Also, in my case, rebuilding my collections would take years if I could do it at all. They are the basis of my organization and unrebuildable. I would have to manually enumerate them before deleting cloud data and literally have about 1000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure I will update, but not for months after a new releasecomes out and I've listened to the feedback. Plus, now I maintain catalog backups from prior versions too. All I did for my collections is to have the collection name in the keywords. made rebuilding tedious, but easy. I had about 600 collections in maybe 20-30 collection sets. Once the upload was complete it took one long day to complete it. OR, you can spend days after days dealing with the Adobe sync problems and huge slowdown. I'd rather spend 3-4 days of my time instead of watching adobe twiddle their thumbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since several weeks I'm waiting for the sync of 6 Pictures (4 up, 2 down) in LrC. I see no issue in the special folder for sync errors. It is possible to identify the 6 Pictures (name of path)? The generation of a dignoictic report does not come to an end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear LR community,
I've created a few collections that I've made public and shared the link to with a couple of people. LR has synchronized the images with the cloud, but the process is stuck at 15 images. Is there a reason for this and what can I do?
Ideally, I also don't want to lose the links that I have already shared with a few people.
Thank you and best regards

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules. A ‘bug’ is not just another word for any problem with software!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, with some luck, you will find your answer her… https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/

Best regards from France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: It was step 4 that almost worked for me : "This step is not officially supported, but it’s safe […] — Unzip the diagnostic log. — Open the lrsync_log.html file — In the Table of Contents links, click Binary Uploader, or scroll down until you find this section."

When I write "almost", I am down from 27 to 4 files. These last ones seem to be recalcitrant !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines