• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering support requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is applicable to Lightroom Classic.

ETAs for tethered support for specific cameras are not available.

Tethered Capture is a feature of Lightroom Classic that allows the direct connection of your camera to the Lightroom desktop environment. Images are imported into your Lightroom catalog as they are captured via the connected camera. 

New camera support for reading the raw files is generally added quickly after a camera is released by its manufacturer.  New camera support can be verified here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced.

To see if your camera is supported for tethering on your version of Lightroom, refer to this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

If your camera is listed, but your Lightroom version is too old, you may need to update or upgrade to enable tethering.

If your camera is not listed, and your camera’s raw file isn't supported, you would need to check with the camera’s manufacturer to see if they support tethering via their SDK. 

Note: Not all camera manufacturers or models will necessarily receive tether support.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 390 Replies 390
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I am checking the list of cameras supported for tethering and I cannot see Canon EOS M50 Mark II, which is the newer version of Canon EOS M50 that actually is supported by Lightroom Classic. 

Would you please extend the list to include this model as well? 

Thank you!

Magda 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour, 

lightroom C ne reconnait pas mon appareil sony A7iii quand je le connecte en usb et ce malgré que je peux utiliser edge.

Pourquoi ? il ne reconnait pas mon Sony ?

merci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Tag, wann ist mit Liveview Tetherinbg für die Nikon D780 zu rechnen. Bisher funktioniert dies nicht.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to understand why Adobe has been unable to support Sony tether for more than 8 years. 

Thé SDK Is out, Capture one support it.

Is there some Adobe Customer advocate to help us Sony users finally or Is there a solution being worked by Adobe in coming months.

Just need to understand if I need to dumb my Adobe software completly or there Is light end of the tunnel finally.

I work with A7IIIs, A9II, A1 and its really very bad the support Is still not there And Adobe has not found solution for many years. Really dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, after i bought an additional $80 plugin it still does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Sony has released SDK for remote shooting and Capture one has that for years. There are many Andoird app which an feed photo from Sony camera to your phone.

I understand you are our customer advocate so I would apreaciate your help that Adobe do something finally and support Sony tethering support rather than giving classic corporate answer.

Or there is no light at the tunnel and do we need to migrate from Adobe completly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with you as I just switched from Canon to Sony and recognized that problem this morning as I wanted to start a tethered session for a stop motion shooting. I am actually more than angry and absoluty frustrated and embarrassed about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  This discussion is right down my alley.  I just purchased a new MacBook Pro with Apple silicon (M1 chipset), and tethering via Lr 11.0 from my Canon 5D M4, which is on the supported camera list, has been nothing short of a nightmare.  When I launch LrC and go into "Tether Capture", the software does NOT detect the camera.  Initially, I contact Adobe and and after about 3 hours they couldn't figure out the problem.  They recommended I reach out to Canon and Apple.  So I called them and they simply pointed fingers at each other.  I purchased this new laptop for the sole purpose of tethering and it doesn't appear to be possible....yet.  All software is current; Apple OS is Monterey, 12.0.1; Canon firmware 1.3.1, and LrC 11.0.  I've seen a couple YouTube vids on work-arounds etc.  I'm not interested in alternative methods...I want to use the software as many have done successfully in the past; past being the operative word...so much for my buying new technology and expecting it to work without supporting companies needed to make some tweeks to software.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is Adobe talking to either Canon or Apple?  HELP!  I really want to start tethering.  John.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Have you found a solution yet? does it work now? I have recently bought an MacBookPro with M1 as well and even after starting up in Rosetta mode it does not detect the camera although it does see the camera when I try to import photo's directly from the camera. So the connection between camera and Mac is not the problem.

My camera's are a Nikon D4S and a Nikon D800. Both don't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way: Monterey 12.0, LRC 12.1

Both camera's are on the support list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your versions of macOS and Lightroom Classic.

12.3 and 11.2

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are the newest version as far as I know....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the new Canon R3 and it won't tether to Lightroom. It is not included on the compatible camera list, any ideas as to when it will be included? Next update?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for more information about tethering support:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-inform... 

In particular: "Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support."

Raw support for the R3 was included in LR 11.0, so this indicates tethering might be available in 11.1 or 11.2.  Lightroom is generally released about every 8 weeks, which suggests we might see 11.1 later in December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know that, Thank you for the info! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3 came out today and tethering for the R3 is still not listed on the compatible camera bodies. Can you update on when it might be available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, when will the software be updated to be compatible with canon R3.?

Thank you 

hamad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make this happen, please. Been waiting for a few months now since I got the R3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich kann mit LR Classic unter Windows 10 kein Liveview mit Nikon D780 nutzen. Wann ist dieses Problem behoben? Bisher habe ich keine Antrwort von Adobe erhalten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link for the list of camera models supported for tether capture.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Adobe does not publish when new camera models will be supported.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja, die Liste kenne ich. Ich warte alos auf ein Update. Allerdings wäre es fatal, wenn die Nikon D780 als Nachfolgemodell von der nikon D750 zukünftig nicht unterstützt würde. Bei wem liegt das Problem - Nikon oder Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC works marveously on Apple Silicon M1-based hardware, with one exception: using tethered capture requires restarting LrC and running it in Rosetta emulation mode. I use tethered capture to "scan" old negatives and then process them with the NegativeLabPro plugin on LrC. LrC is significantly faster running native on M1. My workflow involves scanning negatives, then processing them with NegativeLabPro and LrC. When I do the processing, I either have to accept LrC's slower speed running in Rosetta mode or I have to restart LrC. Then when I want to scan more negatives, I have to restart LrC again. All a bit of a pain.

Since it is now clear that all of Apple's hardware is moving rapidly to Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc.), please fix tethering to work natively too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't realized before reading this thread that tethering support on M1 depends on Canon supporting their SDK on M1. Makes perfect sense.

Just checked Canon's developer site and see that Canon's SDK is now supported on Apple Silicon as of version 13.14.30 (12/9/2021). See https://developercommunity.usa.canon.com/canon?sys_kb_id=4a1d83b4db3d2b00a18b4b8b0b961986&id=kb_arti....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines