• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Toolbar [Done] Button has moved to tool bar beneath Histogram

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tras la nueva actualizacion a Lightroom Classic 12.0, el botón "HECHO" que se encontraba en la esquina inferior derecha para dar el OK luego de añadir nuevas mascaras, recortes y algunos ajustyes locale.....pues ese botón ha desaparecido de mi programa LrC 12.0,,,,,no se que ha pasado, tengo que dar ENTER en mi teclado o bien doble click fuera de la imagen para aplicar cambios,,,,,,me pueden decir si esta nueva actualizacion se ha cargado ese botón o es que hay alguna forma de activarlo...??... antes se encontraba en este sitio, adjunto imagen de referencia.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

The [Done] button is no longer in the Tool Bar ([ T ]) for the Crop, Mask, Target Adjustment Tools (TAT), White Balance and the Guided Upright tools. It is replaced by the [Return to Edit] button to the left of the Crop tool under the Histogram. The button now applies and exits the active tool.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 7.38.40 AM.png

Note: There is more than one way to commit each of these tools.

Example: Crop Tool

1. You can click the [Return to Edits] button that replaced [Done] or
  2. You can click the Crop icon again or
  3. You can use

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The [Done] button is no longer in the Tool Bar ([ T ]) for the Crop, Mask, Target Adjustment Tools (TAT), White Balance and the Guided Upright tools. It is replaced by the [Return to Edit] button to the left of the Crop tool under the Histogram. The button now applies and exits the active tool.

3. You can use the [Enter/Return] key or
  4. You can use the [Esc] key or
  5. Use the Crop KBSC [ R] or 
  6.  Use the [Close] inside the Crop Panel (Thanks MattK - I missed that one)
  7. Simply move to the next image (if you want to maintain the tool between images)

Similar situations exist for the other tools for which the [Done] button was relocated.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can relate to the need of  LRC's developing teem to condense features, refresh functions, BUT I do not understand what was accomplished by removing the DONE button from the Crop, Masking and Spot Removal tools? My LRC students are all Senior citizens which I have been training and working with for over 10 years. They are really not going to be happy about this NEW decision. They do not remeber any keyboard shortcuts - they use visualized functions ONLY. The small Edit icon on the left of the Local Adjustment pannel is a weak UI solution, this area is designated for special powerful tools, why would you use this space for a DONE replacement in the new form of an EDIT icon which basically does nothing, only allows one to continue editing. I find this quite short-sighted. When LRC developers will come up with a new Local adjustment feature in the future, this space will be needed for a new tool icon. So what then? the edit icon will be removed? moved down to the T panel? mmmm... I wonder.

Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop>Tovit Lore<br />Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree ... its so much easier to just be able to press the done button that was on the lower right .  hope they can consider bringing it back 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography wrote:

Correct: Instances of the Done button have been removed in version 12

Could you provide a link to a document discussing the new Edit button.

screen.

GoldingD_0-1666464922025.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean for me to send you a link to a document discussing the new Edit button? Where would I be linking this document from? My Google Drive? Or was this message intended to someone else?

Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop>Tovit Lore<br />Expert in Senior training on LRC & Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As indicated by the inclusion if a quote, it was meant for Rikk Flohr, an actual Adobe employee, who may know just where Adobe has documented the use of the button. This should have been included in the What's New documentation, but nope, missing.

I must have clicked on the wrong Reply button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed so. I noticed there was no mention of it on the What's New page which I am presenting tomorrow to my Lightroom Golden Club members....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This SEEMS TO ME to be another example of a new hire or someone got a promotion where the employee wants to put their stamp on the project, changing things for the sake of change and to make them look like they are proactive and a critical thinker. It happens ALL THE TIME in large corporations or government institutions. They THINK that it is "better" but it is simply better to that particular employee. Their Edit button will some day disappear and some other NEW hire will say... "ya know... what this application needs is a FINISHED button!" The new guy can never seem to leave well-enough alone! *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The removal of the Done button from the bottom of the screen is NOT a move forward.   Having to move to the Close button for the specific tool you are working on actually slows down post processing.    You have to look for the button and each tool has the button in a different location (since each tool takes up different spaces).  

This change doesn't have any positive benefit to the user and has really slowed down my post-processing.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, and again, and again.  it doesn't matter how terrific and logical and overwhelmingly convincing your arguments made here are.  they make no difference to anyone that matters.

again, and... - you need to make your wishes known to adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't have to use the Close button. Click the Edit icon or click the Tool button that opened the panel in the first place or press press Enter key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best thing to do would be to make the two options available in the TOOLBAR or in PREFERENCES.

I particularly prefer the old way which is always in the same place (lower right corner).

Not to mention that taking your hand off the mouse to press ENTER got worse, and using ESC in many functions/tools doesn't apply like ENTER (which even makes sense).

Consider leaving the choice to the user please.

---
A melhor coisa a se fazer seria disponibilizar as duas opções em na barra de FERRAMENTAS ou em PREFERENCIAS. 

Eu particulamente prefiro o modo antigo que fica sempre no mesmo lugar (canto inferior direito).

Sem falar que tirar a mão do mouse pra apertar ENTER ficou pior, e usar o ESC em muitas funçoes/ferramentas não aplica como o ENTER (o que até faz sentido). 

Considere deixar a escolha ao usuario por favor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The [Done] button is no longer in the Tool Bar ([ T ]) for the Crop, Mask, Target Adjustment Tools (TAT), White Balance and the Guided Upright tools. It is replaced by the [Return to Edit] button to the left of the Crop tool under the Histogram to exit the Crop and Masking tools. 

3. You can use the [Enter/Return] key or
  4. You can use the [Esc] key or
  5. Use the Crop KBSC [ R] or 
  6. Simply move to the next image (if you want to maintain the tool between images)

Similar situations exist for the other tools for which the [Done] button was relocated.

By @Rikk Flohr: Photography

A few issues I think need Adobe documentation, explanation, and feedback:

1. Actual Adobe documentation, on a support page, addressing why this was done, a request? A improvement? A change in concept? To support a forthcoming upgrade? Why was this not in the what is new documentation?

2. An Adobe reply in the standing, continuous Idea, currently with 164 up votes by unhappy mostly new members in the link below. Customers so angry, that they joined the community just to make their point.

3. A statement that this will or will not be reverted in a coming update.

related link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-move-done-button-from-beneath-histogram-bac...

By the way, that Edit Button, accomplishes absolutely nothing, I assume it will later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This change initially should have been clearly stated in the What's New information. Omitting it was a mistake by Adobe.

Regarding why this change was made, some explanation might be helpful, but I don't believe Adobe, or any other software producer for that matter, is compelled to justify changes made to its own product.

From my perspective, it seems that Adobe removed the Done button as part of a push to align LrC's User Interface with Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom Desktop, neither of which, ever had a Done button. The three products now have the same icons for Edit, Crop, Heal and Masking.

The reaction by users to the Done button's removal seems to show a lack of understanding of what the Done button did. Some appear to have thought it somehow committed the changes made by the tool they were currently using, such as Crop. It actually did nothing other than close the currently active tool's panel. The Edit button does exactly the same function, nothing more and nothing less. It's essentially the Done button with a different appearance and name in what I see as a better, more logical position.

Like many other experienced users here, I've been using LrC since version Lr 1.0 was released in 2007. I have no issues at all with the Done button being removed. I do not see any valid reason for Adobe bringing it back. I think it's a good move by Adobe and might even allow further UI improvements in the future.

LrC users need to accept the change and learn to use LrC without the Done button. I seriously doubt it will ever be back despite all the up votes, which only guides Adobe in their product development. Adobe is not obliged to do what the users want. Ultimately it is Adobe's decision and I think that decision has been made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC users like me, who hate this change (Along with a few others), are looking at alternatives.
I'm getting fed up with useless UI changes that make me have to adjust my workflow and retrain my muscle memory.
If I find something that works better for me, with an alternative to PS as well... then I won't be voting on the Adobe forums, but with my wallet.
And I'm probably not alone in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who in the world approved this?? Worst update to the software in years, slowing me down by hours!!! Let me roll back my software at least so my tools are functional.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks, my workflow is completely ruined. Come on, put the damn button back where it belongs, I'm just gonna roll back to a working version of this software. Abode needs to get it together, truly pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring back the Done button, this is unintitive and just bad UI 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content-Aware Remove

1. If you have made a selection with Content-Aware Remove and you want to make a new selection with Heel or Clone, there is no Done button. So one might think they have to leave the Heeling tool and come back to choose a different mode without changing the mode of their current selection.

You can use the Enter key to complete your current selection and choose a different heeling mode,  but maybe there should be a more obvious way to do so as well.

2.  (Problem stopped happening while wrigint this issue. Not sure if it is intermittent or maybe I just needed to restart LRC) The Zoom does not work after you make a selection. So you cannot easily zoom into make a selection, and navigate to another part of the image. 

People Masking

3. If the person is upside down, the tool may not recoginize them with the Person mask. You can rotate the image for the masking to work. 

Thanks,

Mal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@malmedia,

#2 this is a known issue. It's not as random as it appears. Launching LrC 12 directly into the Develop module (in Develop when last closed), then using the Content Aware Remove tool will not be a problem. The Space Bar activates Zoom and Pan. Switch to another module and then back to Develop will cause the problem to return after using the Content Aware Remove tool. You can reactivate the Space Bar function by clicking outside the image area, but each time you use the CA Remove tool, the problem is back. Constant clicking in and out of the image area is really annoying. When it is misbehaving, you will also find that the [ and ] keys don't change the brush size, but change the Rating of your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On LRC Version 12.0 the "Done" button seems to have disappeared after i use the cropping tool,

I was available on the bottom right of the panel after using the croping tool in developer mode but it now seems to have gone and i cannot save the crop,

Am i missing something or is there some setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines