• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path contains Back Slash character

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday while I was trying to import photos from my harddrive I got a "The following files were not imported because their paths contain backlashes"message, however none of the file names actually do contain backslashes. They're the same Nikon RAW and scanned TIFF files I've been importing for many years. When I put the files on my Desktop and import them they work but this is not how I want to have to use Lightroom and it's never been an issue before. 

I'm also getting a "The file could not be found" message without an exclamation point on various images I've recently edited. It's recognizing some files from the same folder while saying others cannot be found. To be clear, they are not accidentally stored in iCloud, they are saved the exact same way as other files that Lightroom is letting me edit from the shoot. Meanwhile when I look at the files that could not be found in Library, the file name and folder path are recognized.

This is so frustrating, please advise!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you zip and upload one of the documents causing this issue so others can examine it? Try using something like Dropbox or similar to upload. 

The other thing to try is making sure permissions and the disk/drive is up to snuff, using something like the free Onyx utility for your specific Mac OS:

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@georgedouglaspeterson wrote:

Yesterday while I was trying to import photos from my harddrive I got a "The following files were not imported because their paths contain backlashes"message, however none of the file names actually do contain backslashes.

Just to be clear, it did say that it was not just about the filenames, it’s about the entire path. Is there a backslash in the folder name of any folder in the path, from the computer all the way down to the selected import folder?

If you can find such a folder and rename it without the backslash, that should solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I recently backed up my catalog and faced the same issue after I restarted
LR. When it prompted that the edited file was not found, it gave me an
option to locate it on the drive. I did that for 1 file and all the errors
in that collection vanished. I made no changes to the files or the folder
just like you say and I find this erratic behavior very irritating. It is a
shame that Adobe hasn't been able to make the workflow error free and user
friendly - Yes I agree that everything is in the user manual, but take a
look at MAC photos if Adobe want clues on how to make user friendly
software for photo editing. I spend a good amount of time debugging and
trying to understand LR than focussing on my post production goals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines