• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path length error for path much shorter than Windows 10 max

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved a LR Classic catalog (+ folders, images, previews) to a new folder location.  Upon attempting to open LR and the catalog, I received an error message about path length.

ScreenCap.pngWindows path lengths should be available up to 255 characters.

Also, there is no need for Lightroom to create a "lrdata" folder of the same long length as my chosen name.

i.e.  If I name a folder Wick Ryerson Photo Shoot 10-17-20201 there is no need for the lrcat path to be the same name.

Lightroom Classic 11.0

Build [202110120910-0bccc70d]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1.Yes a descrpancy berween Windows limit of 255 vas LrC statement of 170

2.,As for poping up at 176 vs 170, that probably takes into account additional files/folders to be created

3. Path refers to total path, right down to drive letter, mor folders within folders, the longer the path

4. The lrcat-data file is new to v11, it will have the same name as the catalog, just different extension, .lrcat-data

5. The lrdata folders , the library previews and the smart previews, always have same name as the catalog plus the words Previews or Smart Previews, but having extension .lrdata.  LrC needs them to be named that way, if not, LrC will recreate them named that way.

This path issue gies back prior to v11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines