• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent sync issues in Lightroom Classic with DNG and TIF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom sync is constantly showing 6 photos in: "Error". I don't have any detail aout what's the error.

But their metada is syncing correctly: when I add or remove star or do some edits, I can see them on my other devices. But the LR Classic app always show sync errors for these 6 photos.

The common point is that they are all DNG or TIF. I don't have any issue with RAW (NEF) or JPEG. I don't have any issue iwth my other DNG and TIF.

Note that I have the original versions both in LR Classic locally and on the cloud.

I have tried the following, without any luck:

1) Rebuild sync cache

2) Remove photos from "All Sync Errors" collection, wait for the removal to sync, then add them back

I start to think it is a bug regarding the sync status and the state of these photos in the Sqlite catalog and maybe the size ? Is there some API limits ?

mathieucarbou_0-1661641191189.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

FIXED!

Steps:

1.  Remove DNG from LR Desktop

2. Wait for the removal to sync on LR Classic (In Lightroom collection view)

3. Empty the trash in LR Desktop

4. Re-upload the photos

The sync problem disappear now.

It seems there is a bug when some versions of an image remains in the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS M1 12.5.1

LR Classic 11.5 (latest one as of today)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, DNG files that have problem uploading are all panoramas. The files are more than 200MB each, some more than 300MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to delete the photos in LR, then add the original back from LR.

It worked for the 2 tif files.

For for the 3 panorama DNGs (> 200MB) that I have, as soon as it is finished uploading in LR, it is marked as Error in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this article: a user got the exact same issue.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/hdr-and-pano-merge-photos-dont-sync-to-lightroom-cc...

there's a 200mb limit for syncing files from Classic to the cloud....but as Classic is syncing smart previews, it's not a limit that should come into play.

Apparently there is a 200 MB limit ? Can someone from Adobe confirm ? Is there a way to work around that ? This limit is completely absurd now with high resolution cameras, especially in the case of HDR or pano merges...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!

Steps:

1.  Remove DNG from LR Desktop

2. Wait for the removal to sync on LR Classic (In Lightroom collection view)

3. Empty the trash in LR Desktop

4. Re-upload the photos

The sync problem disappear now.

It seems there is a bug when some versions of an image remains in the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experiencing the same issue, but I wasn't able to get your fix to work even after emptying CC's trash and removing the > 200 MB panoramas from Classic. They appear in the Imports folder on Classic after adding to CC, and I briefly see a green all-synced checkmark. Then, seconds later it tries to upload metadata and errors out. I may leave them deleted for a week or so and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines