Exit

Photo Enhance Editing Post Crop

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a You Tube video by Mark Denney,

https://youtu.be/Jv9-LExtomU

where he performs a mega crop on a photo which obviously reduces the mega pixel count on the image. He then runs an enhace photo edit on his cropped raw image in LRC which creates an enhanced DNG file increasing the mega pixel count on the cropped image. In a side by side comparison you can see the difference between the photos and the meta data shows the change in pixels on the enhanced DNG image. 

When I try the same on my images the process seems to run exactly the same as in the video except my Enhanced DNG file has the same pixels as the cropped image before I ran the edit and the photos look the exactly the same. Can anyone explain why my photo pixel count does not change and the image does not seem to enhance?

Regards Darrel

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly- the video is talking about "Super Resolution" which is another process in addition to "Enhanced" (ie. not the same).

Next- Super Resolution works on the entire raw image data. As does 'Enhanced'- but in a different way.

Example workflow-

1) My raw image is- 6016 x 4016 pixels

2) Crop in LrC to 1680 x 950

3) Run Super Resolution and the result is 3359 x 1900   (ie the Crop x4.  Double both dimensions)

4) Undo the Crop of the 'Enhanced DNG' and it is 12032 x 8032 (ie. entire original dimensions x2)

ie. It is the entire raw file that is quadrupled by 'Super Resolution' and your crop is just displaying the same area of the image, with 4x the pixel count.

"Can anyone explain why my photo pixel count does not change...?"

Are you, in fact selecting the option for [Super Resolution]?

'Enhanced' alone does not increase pixel dimensions.

SUPER RESOLUTION

ENHANCE DETAILS 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines