Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Enhance not working after recent LR Classic upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Updated application to Lightroom Classic version: 12.3 [ 202304101834-a085245c ] last week.

Before the update, the Enhnace=>Super Resolution feature was running just fine, however now, when attempting to enhance an image, after chosing Super Resolution and clicking on Enhance button, not even a task is initiated to process the request.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks,

Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.6.2 [21G320]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can't get super resolution to work either. I click enhance and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/important-steps-for-manually-resetting-...

Quit Lightroom Classic.

macOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.

Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.

While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic. 

When asked, select "Yes". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 

I did reset preferences as advised, unfortunately the issue persists for JPGs, works fine with RAW files. The previous version of LrC did manage to enhance JPG files.

I ran Photo Enhance in the new LR CC, and it works just fine for both JPG and RAW, no issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try with Lightroon CC? I did, and it works fine with JPG, RAW images...but still not working with this new Lightroom Classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so to use the Enhance feature you need to have a RAW image file selected, and you can use the Denoise option and a DNG image is created and will be saved next to the original RAW image. 
The newly created DNG file is no longer a RAW image.

To do an Enhance / Super Resolution you need to use the original RAW image, you cannot select the Denoise DNG and apply the Super Resolution to that image file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Denis, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

To your point, I checked and yes, this new LrC version works with RAW files, however the previous version did manage to enhance JPG files. I ran Photo Enhance with the new LR CC, and it works just fine for both JPG and RAW, no issues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

does anyone had luck to fix this problem?

I installed Lightroom Classic for the first time (Version 13.1) just for the super resolution feature. Nothing happens when I try to use it. Not even the preview. It's just a gray window. When I click on enhance, nothing happens either.

I restted the Lightroom settings as mentioned before.

Is there anything else I can do? I am using Windows 10. I even put Lightroom as an exception to my firewall.

Format is jpg. Everything else seems to work just fine in lightroom.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,
Have you amanged to fix it? I tried to get it to work in both LrC and Lightroom CC and it's just a greyed out window. 
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines