• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo sync

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Lightroom Classic to edit photos.  How can I sync just the collection that I completed to Lightroom cloud?  When I try to sync the collection, Lightroom cloud transfers all 30k+ photos from cloud to Classic therefore my hard drive and I dont want all those photos in Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

That's how Lightroom Classic works. If you enable sync, it assumes you want anything in the cloud to sync down and be recorded in the catalogue.

If you already have those 30k photos on a local hard drive, you could first import them into Lr Classic and then enable sync. Lr Classic should then match up the cloud files with those already on your hard drive, preventing duplication.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how Lightroom Classic works. If you enable sync, it assumes you want anything in the cloud to sync down and be recorded in the catalogue.

If you already have those 30k photos on a local hard drive, you could first import them into Lr Classic and then enable sync. Lr Classic should then match up the cloud files with those already on your hard drive, preventing duplication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works this way because Lightroom Classic requires that the originals for everything in the catalog reside on a hard drive.

If you want to selectively sync Collections to the Cloud, follow John's advice. Use Lightroom Classic instead of Lightroom to manage your photos. Syncing a collection from Classic only uploads smart preview files. The orignal files always stay on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines