• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using a Drobo RAID system connected directly to my Mac to store all my photos and catalogue backups.  It recently has had a glitch and can read only--thus, I cannot use Lightroom to add photos or edit.  I am  also using a QNAP RAID system as a Network Attached Storage (NAS)  to back up the Drobo which has all the catalogues and photos.   When I tried to change to the QNAP raid, Lightroom said I could not put the catalogue on a network location.  

Can I keep the catalogue on the Mac computer and images on the QNAP NAS?  Is there a utility or configuration that will do this.  Or do you have another suggestion.

We are trying to correct the Drobo Read only status in the meantime. 

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've discovered, LrC doesn't support catalogs on network server/drives. However, your photos can be stored on the NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can copy the catalog to the computer and the images to the NAS. You will have to 'reconnect' the images so Lightroom knows where they are: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you might have discovered that Drobo have gone out of business, so probably best to make the move you're making right now. As @Ian Lyons and @JohanElzenga have mentioned, the catalog can live on the Mac, not the NAS. The images are fine there, though you may experience speed issues with reading and wriiting.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines