Exit

Photos edited using plug in not showing in LRC library

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LRC 11.2 and windows 10
I have the following filters selected in the library (grid) view –
- My photos folder ( at main folder level)
- Specific keyword i.e. Antelope
- Colours and star rating in library filter
When I use the “edit in” feature in LRC it transfers the file to the
plug-in (Photoshop or Denoise). After editing and saving, it transfers
the file back to LRC. However I cannot see this file in the grid view
unless I restart LRC

The stack with original is selected in preferences and if I try unstacking photos it does not show up.The sort order is set to time

Also when looking at the grid it will display say 5 photos but the keyword will say 6

Up until a week ago, I did not have this problem

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the returned image is filtered out because it no longer fits the filter criteria. Does it show when you use no filters? If so, select it and then choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. Lightroom will show you in which folder it is. Because you filter on folders, this could be the 'capitalization problem', which causes the returned image to be saved in a different folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos do show when not using filters. However the original & edited photos are shown in in the same folder.

As suggested by Ruud van Dijk, I switched off all the filters, saw the edited photo and re applied the filters - to no avail.

This problem only seemed to happen after the LRC  Feb 11.2 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When checking the edited photo, do you see that all properties are set the right way, so it should comply with the filters? If yes, it seems another bug in Lightroom. If no, maybe some attributes are changed during external editing. But then, you also should not see the photo after restarting Lightroom and (re)appying the filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ruurd van Dijk wrote:

When checking the edited photo, do you see that all properties are set the right way, so it should comply with the filters? If yes, it seems another bug in Lightroom. If no, maybe some attributes are changed during external editing. But then, you also should not see the photo after restarting Lightroom and (re)appying the filters.

That is exactly what happens. He said "I switched off all the filters, saw the edited photo and re applied the filters - to no avail.". So something must have happened that causes the image not to fit the filter criteria anymore.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gla65 wrote:

The photos do show when not using filters. However the original & edited photos are shown in in the same folder.

Do you mean in the Lightroom folder panel, or in Windows Explorer?

And can you post a screenshot that shows the filter settings?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan

This is very odd - when I use LCR today, everything is back to normal. As far as I am aware I have not made any changes.

Just for your info , I have answered your questions

Thanks

In windows explorer and Lightroom panel ( if no metadata selected - I this was only after started working again))

I have given you a screen shot -  with no edited file so you can see the  filters

Screen 1

gary23573516jwgn_0-1647243379916.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's good to hear that is works again. Your screenshot does not show anything odd, but it seems your filter only filters on keyword, color label and star rating, not on any folders. So maybe something did change.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a bug that still exists from about Lightroom version 3 onwards... I'm mainly working with keywords as primairy filter so I ran into it for years now...

I found out that keywords (and other metadata) are correctly assigned to the new file created by Lightroom (for most plugins) or, in the current versions, by Photoshop. But it looks like as if Lightroom does not 'see' there is an extra file afterwards, also complying with the filter criteria. Work around I use (for years now...) is switching of filters and re-applying them. At least that saves you some time from completely restarting Lightroom while having the same effect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines