Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos importing out of order

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

Over the last while, LR has developed an issue. When I start the import process, images are shown in the correct order, sorted by name. I even click the "sort by name"option when importing. I rename files when importing, adding a specific text phrase and a sequence number. In the past, the images would be renamed and sorted in the same order as taken. Now, even though sort by name is selected while importing, the images are imported and renamed in a random order. For example, the 199th photo might be renamed as -001,the 75th photo might be renamed as -003. This has been going on for a month or 2.

What gives?

Thanks for your help~

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that when the import is complete Lightroom is sorting your images by "added order". You are probably going to have to change the sort order to file name in order to get them sorted properly. But I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started appearing a couple of years ago.  See here for a workaround: Lightroom: Import renaming Sequence # should be assigned by the order shown in the Import window | P... .

Also, please add details of your issue to that feature request and click Me Too at the top.  That will make it more likely Adobe might prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to import them from the other location as per the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Details:

nikon Raw files on a Mac Pro. This only started a few months ago, not years ago. If I copy the pix to a folder and import them from there, the files are in the correct order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only started a few months ago, not years ago.

It's a bug that strikes intermittently, not all people, not all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the bug has gone on to bug someone else because it is working fine now! No idea what happened, but glad it sorted itself out.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines