• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture becomes brighter when mouse hovers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an annoying problem. When I hover with the mouse over a picture in develop mode the picture becomes slightly brighter. However, sometimes it gets darker. This also affects the background (grey in my case). Only restarting LrC helps.

Aynone knows what the problem is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Try disabling GPU in preferences, any difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1598645427819.png

davidg36166309_1-1598645427820.png

davidg36166309_2-1598645427820.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling GPU in preferences, any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your answers, I appreaciate it. Indeed, disabling GPU acceleration seems to solve the issue (LrC-->preferences-->performance-->Use Graphics Processor "Off"). I'm using a MBP 2015 15" without dedicated graphics. So it might be the setting caused the problem then because there is no dedicated card to address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your MacBook Pro doens't have a dedicated video processor, then best you switch off GPU as it will reduce rather than improve performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify: this bug occurs on Macbooks with dedicated graphics as well. I'm using a 16" 2019 model and I have the same issue like back then. The workaround it to switch off graphics processor for a second. You can switch it on immediately again if you like, it will work normally then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for posting this. I started having this issue whilst using a second monitor with Lightroom Classic.

After extensive phone calls with NEC who made the monitor, Apple and Adobe - the issue was unresolved for a year.

Last night, found this post and it worked. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you can turn it off and on again immediately, it will continue to work normally again until next time. For example after your computer comes back from sleep. But anyway, least annoying way is of course to leave the acceleration shut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue with a M1 Pro Chip. However, when I turn the GPU settings off my image is blurry when making adjustments. Can anyone help me here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works for me on M2 Ultra Mac Studio. Disabling GPU brings the editing process to crawl however, so this is not a workable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing this in LrC 11.2 on an M1 Pro MBP 14", when using an external monitor.

The workaround shown here does work.

This is a pretty bad bug, I would say - given that a lot of people will be using LrC on an external monitor. Any updates on when this will be addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if it's the laptop screen or the second monitor. It flickers when hovering and that disrupts the brain processing the info trying to colour correct. This clearly is a bug and needs to be addressed. Very annoying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if it's the laptop screen or the second monitor. It flickers when hovering and that disrupts the brain processing the info trying to colour correct. This clearly is a bug and needs to be addressed. Very annoying.  

By @joelk68387713

I am working with dual displays on Mac, no such issue. So yeah, there is a bug somewhere, but don't assume it's solely Adobes and not the GPU or something else.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a specked out MBP... I have had this issue windows as well. I am not the only person who I know in our industry who deals with this. Since the only common denominator is Adobe... I'd say it's safe to speculate that it's the issue. 

so, many devices with different specs and environments having the same issue... you can understand why I came to that conclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing this issue on my 2021 M1 Macbook Pro 16".

Also had the issue on my 2015 Macbook Pro with standard graphics 15"

This is a bug that makes editing very unreliable. Disabling the graphics acceleration is not an acceptable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RockPhotographer wrote:

Disabling the graphics acceleration is not an acceptable solution.

But does disabling GPU change the behavior; yes or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a solution to this super annoying problem, one I have been having, listed here. I am running LRC on a MacBook Pro M1 chipset and it is happening within that environment. Am I missing the elusive obvious here - what shows as the correct answer does not seem like a solution, just part of trying to do a differential diagnosis if you like. ANy thoughts Adobe folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael,

I'm having the same issue. I'll let you know if I find a solution, please let me know if you find something too. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on a 2023 Mac Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines