• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help- all of my pictures are blurry/pixelated

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all- I am brand new to LR and have successfully downloaded all of my pictures to LR only to find that they are all blurry/pixelated when viewing in the main window of my library, which renders them useless to me.  Any suggestions on how to fix this or why this might be happening?  I have the latest version of LR CC and Windows 10.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

See those exclamation point icons in the film strip? This indicates your photos are not where LR expects them to be, and so what you see that is pixelated is LR attempting to blow up a small preview of the photos that it has, instead of the actual photo being displayed.

So, you need to find out where the photos are according to your operating system, and then tell Lightroom to look for the photos in the location you just found in your operating system. The details are given here: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, what is the exact version installed on your computer? Saying you are up to date doesn't cut it here because sometimes the application manager doesn't really keep people up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is CC 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed pretty bad. You could be experiencing a corrupted display profile. Try switching to an sRGB profile and see if that makes a difference. Or you could try updating the profile you are using. Notice that the navigator image doesn't look the same. Do you get the same results in the develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem in Develop.  I did notice that when I go to the second window the picture is fine although there is an error message stating that the folder could not be found.  I checked my display profile settings and the default is sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See those exclamation point icons in the film strip? This indicates your photos are not where LR expects them to be, and so what you see that is pixelated is LR attempting to blow up a small preview of the photos that it has, instead of the actual photo being displayed.

So, you need to find out where the photos are according to your operating system, and then tell Lightroom to look for the photos in the location you just found in your operating system. The details are given here: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much... that was it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the link to the files in Lightroom I relink them from the folder inside the C Dr. when I click on the file the picture is clear then two seconds later it says loading at the bottom of the screen and then the screen gets pixelated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you pictures shown as 'Missing' ? - as suggested in this old thread from 2017.

Have you tried dis-abling the Graphics Processor in LrC Preferences?

2022-12-13 12_16_59-Preferences.jpg

Some more information about your System would be helpful to arive at an answer!

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines