• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview unavailable for this file - Sony A7R4A

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I have just bought a new camera - Sony A7R4 A a week ago, last night I have first time used this camera for a wedding, but this morning when I try to download the images to Lightroom for processing, I had this message "proview unavailable for this file". I have searched online to solve this issue, and downloaded adobe dng converter, followed the steps on the Youtube, but still not working on my images files. If there are anyone which experieced this problem and know how to solve it, please help me out. Many thanks. John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Today's update of Classic to version 10.3 now includes raw support for both the A7R3A and A7R4A.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera was released in early April 2021 so it is not yet supported in Lightroom, Camera Raw or the DNG converter. You'll have to wait for Adobe to update them.

List of currently supported cameras shown here

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

In the meantime, use the Sony Imaging Edge software to open the Raw files and convert them to TIFF so that Lightroom can read them.

https://imagingedge.sony.net/en-us/ie-desktop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is absolutely correct here but I would also add to his answer. I have never seen any Sony Imaging Edge software but IF they let you save the image as either 8-bit or 16-bit, you may want to consider saving as 16 bit as that will contain all of the information that a raw file would have. They will be much larger in storage size and if that's an issue than ignore this suggestion but if you can accept the storage issue, go for it for maximum image quality out of your new camera (and congrats on the new camera!)

Good luck!

p.s., just had an extra thought: go and convert all of the images at 8 bit. Then review them and for the images you wish to actually use, you can go back and convert those images into 16-bit, replace the 8-bit versions, and work on the 16 bit images. A bit of extra work but this will save you some HD space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the sony Imaging edge software is available and is usefull. For really high iso images it does a great job eliminating noise. You must also use this software if you do any of the pixel shift features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Randy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RawTherapee can apparently do a much better job at processing the .arq files out of Imaging Edge (it may be able to merge the source raws by now, I'm unsure) but it's capable of doing motion correction which is sorely missing from Imaging Edge and more or less necessary on 16 shot stacks since "clouds" and "wind" exist even if you have a stable enough tripod to keep the 61MP sensor exactly still.

Lightroom Classic just crashes its OpenCL renderer and has to be restarted if I even include a 16 shot .arq in a catalog that's trying to generate thumbnails so I haven't been able to see the results.   I'm sure 160GB of ram is plenty so it's doing something else fundamentally wrong and I've just excluded them as it's unlikely to do a better job than Sony's software, but I keep meaning to try out rawtherapee.   If I could hand-hold those like you can on the Pentax cameras with the feature I'd use it quite a bit more.  The few I managed to take on a tripod without artifacts looked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's update of Classic to version 10.3 now includes raw support for both the A7R3A and A7R4A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines