• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews thumbnails display fine then turn corrupted with grey bars.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm scrolling through the grid view I can see my image previews fine for about 5 seconds. Then they seemingly get corrupted to a bunch of grey/black bars. Hard to explain but I attached a video showing it in real time. It's like im seeing my pictures dissappear in real time 😞

I cant view the images that are being "corrupted" outside of lightroom, but the intial preview image inside lightroom gives me hope that there is something I can do to save those photos. I even thought about trying to use large thumbnails sizes and screenshot the previews before they turn corrupted. 

Ive tried deleteing the preview cache in the catalouge folder and rebuilding to no change. The same behavior occurs across any new catalouge containing these photos on any drive.

Any help would be appreciated as these photos are actually pretty important to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you monitor profile is corrupt.

Please see here for the necessary steps to solve this problem: How do I change my monitor profile to check whether it’s corrupted? | The Lightroom Queen

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatley, your video is blocked by the forum software or broken. Either way it can 't be viewed.

The initial image you see in Lightroom Classic is the embedded preview (i.e. the preview embedded into file when originally captured). Likewsie, when you view the image outside of Lightroom. 

Usually when corruption such as you describe occurs, the cause is either a faulty: memory card, card reader or cable. If possible check using a different card reader and cable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay is there any way to export those embedded previews? I should note all previews work fine before I import

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here's an imgur link for the vid:https://imgur.com/a/Uefx8t1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh thank you for your help! I get it now I'll look into ways to extract embedded previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would also try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines