• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printer profiles not found

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a clean install to Big Sur and used migration assistent to move all files and apps. There were some minor issues but I can't solve the problem of not finding the printer profiles in develop mode in LR, my own made and the canned ones, for my Canon Pro 6000. In print mode they are seen but this is the Canon driver. I use LR Classic 11.1 and my monitor profiles are seen together with Adobe'98, s'RGB, etcetera but no printer profiles. I de- and re-installed 11.1, de-installed and went back to 10.4 but nothing changed. Photoshop, ColorSync Utility and the Canon driver can see them but not LR. All profiles are RGB and not corrupt, installed in the right places I would say. I feel really handicapped not being able to soft-proof in LR but have to go to PS instead.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of stating the obvious, they don't show up in "other"? Do you see them in the list in colorsync utility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, they show up in ColorSync Utility but not in profile>other in develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there is an issue with Big Sur that causes this. Can you upgrade to MacOS Monterey?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an OS bug and the only fix is to downgrade or upgrade. No such issue in 12.X.

VERY unlikely Apple will address this bug.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all, I moved to Monterey and all printer profiles are seen in LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines