Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with "creation date" only with videos

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,
I have a huge problem with the import of videos and the date/time stamp.

Using an Apple MacBook M2, newest Lightroom Classic CC version.
While importing videos and photos I recognizing that the date/time stamp of all photos are correct, the date/time stamp of all videos is today (import date).

If I select a video and klick on "show in finder" the file itself has the correct date/time stamp.

I do not really know where to look, because all videos are not correct and all photos are correct.

Do you have an idea, how to correct this issue?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are known issues with video capture time: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&...

You can use the Edit Capture Date and Time function in Lightroom to correct tne issue, however: 

https://jkost.com/blog/2013/12/how-to-change-capture-time-in-lightroom.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and for the speedy reply. 

I searched first but didn't find nearly this many similar inquiries as my (re)post, so thanks for sending. However it doesn't seem like there's a solid fix for this yet. 

My takeaways:

1. the problem generally occurs from moving folders around in LR -- which in this case I'm guilty of since the move to LR 12 changed my default import location from my external storage to my internal without me realizing.

2. the only fix currently if this occurs is to manually change the timestamps. 

Let me know if this is your understanding, and thanks again for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My takeaways:

1. the problem generally occurs from moving folders around in LR -- which in this case I'm guilty of since the move to LR 12 changed my default import location from my external storage to my internal without me realizing.

By @touheyphoto

I must have missed the connection between the original question, about time stamps on videos, and moving folders from here to there in LrC. Moving folders, as far as I know, can have problems, but one of those problems is not that the timestamp on videos gets changed or corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@touheyphoto wrote:

My takeaways:

2. the only fix currently if this occurs is to manually change the timestamps. 

Let me know if this is your understanding, and thanks again for your time!

Number 2 is correct. There is no general fix, so you'll have to change the time stamps manually. You can do this in batch, so I find it no big deal myself (though indeed annoying).

Number 1: I have no idea how moving folders could have anything to do with this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I picked that up (incorrectly it seems now) from a seperate thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/videos-import-with-incorrect-capture-da...)

-- "It's my understanding that moving files from one folder to another in the LR catalog can cause problems"

However that isn't the concenus of the post so you can disregard. 

Understood regarding the current workaround. Just glad the files themselves have the correct time since in that case, changing the timestamps in LR wouldn't be fixing the primary issue: the creation time of the source files. 

Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines