Problem with thumbnails in Develop mode

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 Release. If you check out the video you'll see I'm in Develop mode and clicking through the thumbnails results in other thumbnails going blank grey. Not an ideal feature. When I'm in Library mode thumbnails 9, 10, 14 and 15 are greyed out blank.

Things are obviously in a mess now as when I exit (with backup and optimize enabled) because LR won't exit and is stuck with this dialog. It will never finish and I will have to force-quit it. 

IMG_3121.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the preview cache has been corrupted. Try deleting it, as described in this help article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

After deleting it, LR will regenerate the previews on demand, which, depending on your photos and the speed of your computer, may cause it to be a little sluggish.  You could go to All Photographs, select all photos, and do the menu command Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews and let it run over night.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Seems like Lightroom Classic is quite buggy really. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.

thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines