• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purge cache

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to purge my adobe camera raw 2 because I am getting so many artifacts.  I just got back from a trip and have been going through thousands of photos, so maybe that's why.  But when I click on purge, nothing happens.  Help?  Thank you.  I have a macbook pro.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

This is not an artifact. It is a clipping indicator. To turn it off, press J once or twice or thrice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen capture of one of these artifacts. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply; do NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying, but I don't know how to edit out the personal info from the screenshot.  It's a lot of red that shows up in the preview photos, I guess where the whites are blown out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an artifact. It is a clipping indicator. To turn it off, press J once or twice or thrice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!  Thank you.  Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike purging the video cache, there is no visual feedback in LrC that the purging the Camera Raw cache has taken place let alone been completed. In Camera Raw, the Purge button becomes greyed out when cache is empty.

camera raw cache.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am still wondering, should I purge the cache?  It's not greyed out, but doesn't seem to respond to my clicking it.  I was worried because LR slowed down so much and I got a warning message about being too full.  I increased the cache from 5 to 10 gb and that helped a lot.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained above, the button does not grey out in LrC. Visual feedback is non-existent.

As to you whether you need to purge it, the answer is No. Leave it alone. If the cache becomes full old cache files are automatically cleared to provide room for new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am still wondering, should I purge the cache?  

By @default82a1b1qagaca

I don't think that's the 'solution' for the problem you describe: I am getting so many artifacts.

Can you explain that in more detail? Where (what module), at what zoom level, if you've tried disabling GPU to see if the artifacts remain, and, importantly, a screen capture of these "artifacts." 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. With the help here, I figured out that pressing J took care of all the red I was seeing (not artifacts after all).  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default82a1b1qagaca You do not mark your own reply as correct. You mark the reply above where pressing J was specified as the correct answer. Please make this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dj_paige 

I've marked your answer as the correct answer and unmarked the OPs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines