Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-installing lightroom onto a new computer

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just got a new imac and I already have Lightrrom 4 on my old one. I'm sure to most this is a VERY simple question so sorry in adance but believe it or not I cannot find the answer in any forums. How do I reinstall Lightroom onto a new computer?

Can I do this somehow using the serial number? I'm sure the licence allows use on 2 machines so I dont think I have to purchase again.

When I go into order history on my adobe account page, I thought I might be able to download it from there again... but cant see this option.

PLease could any replies be in simple speak and not too technical.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2013 Feb 10, 2013

You can find your serial number by opening Lightroom and then selecting Help->System Info.

To install LR on a new computer, just download the software from Adobe and enter your serial number.

Advice: for all the software that you purchase, write down the serial number and store it in a place that you will be able to find it when needed. This could be a piece of paper, or a computer file, but don't get into the situation wehre you don't know the serial numbers of the products that you have purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3 can be downloaded from

https://prodesigntools.com/direct-download-links-for-lightroom-3-and-photoshop-elements-8.html

Follow the Very Important Instructions on that page before you click the download link otherwise the download will not work.

Suggest you save the downloaded file somewhere safe. There are no guarantees that it will be available in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great news, @John Waller ! Glad you posted it.

To @JR Bondy : Please take not of the advice above to save the downloade file somewhere safe. Also, please be advised that LR 3 cannot be installed on some new Mac computers, if the operating system is Catalina or newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John worked like a charm...up and running perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines