• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rebuild LR Classic CC catalog

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that during installation of LR Classic CC my catalog was badly damaged. Even though I tried to rebuild it by locating many missing images in their proper folders, and it did rebuild those folders. It still shows lost images but still includes the names of most all the files in my Collections. And it also indicates at the top of the folder list that I have about twice as many images as I should have.

Can I rebuild a Catalog and will it restore the images to my collections? (I know I'll lose any work I did on the images in LR.) We're dealing with 40-50 K images here. I've been using LR for many years.

I am considering switching to ON1 Raw 2018 as a solution.

Thanks,

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denbrook  wrote

It appears that during installation of LR Classic CC my catalog was badly damaged. Even though I tried to rebuild it by locating many missing images in their proper folders, and it did rebuild those folders. It still shows lost images but still includes the names of most all the files in my Collections. And it also indicates at the top of the folder list that I have about twice as many images as I should have.

Can I rebuild a Catalog and will it restore the images to my collections? (I know I'll lose any work I did on the images in LR.) We're dealing with 40-50 K images here. I've been using LR for many years.

I am considering switching to ON1 Raw 2018 as a solution.

Thanks,

Bob

Well, it depends on what you mean by "re-build", but your collections exist only inside of the Lightroom catalog, and cannot be recovered by importing.

It appears that during installation of LR Classic CC my catalog was badly damaged.

Try converting a recent backup of your catalog file.

Also, many people are having trouble updating previous versions of LR catalogs into LR CLassic CC, I don't know why, but there's a good chance Adobe is working on fixing this, the catalog isn't really damaged, the conversion software is failing somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you do it?

Details please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines