• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstall of Lightroom 3.6

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 3.6 installed on my old laptop.  I have a new laptop and would like to install Lightroom on my new laptop.  Is this possible or do I need to purchase a newer version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

You are allowed two installations of Lightroom. For the same version you do not need to purchase.

You will need your Registration Key for v3.6.

If you do not have a CD to install from you can download v3.6 here- Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Some of the advice at this link may also be helpful if you intend to dispose of the 'old' laptop.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Your expectations are unwarranted. Lightroom 3 is no longer supported or updated in any way by Adobe. It is long forgotten. The technology and photofinishing capabilities utilized in that version have been far surpassed. Adobe doesn't even have updates available anywhere on their servers. I don't know if there is a third party source that would have them because that version is so old.

The only versions of Lightroom that are available now are by subscription only. Lightroom Classic would be th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed two installations of Lightroom. For the same version you do not need to purchase.

You will need your Registration Key for v3.6.

If you do not have a CD to install from you can download v3.6 here- Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Some of the advice at this link may also be helpful if you intend to dispose of the 'old' laptop.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it installed.  Thanks for your prompt reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to reinstall the software and enter your serial number.

Mac: Adobe - Lightroom : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6

Win: Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6

Download, install. Enter your serial number when prompted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

unfortunately the download links above are no longer valid.

I have purchased some years ago Lightroom 3.0 and now wanted to re-install to a new clean-install of my Windows 10 system.

I managed w/o any problem to install lighroom 3.0 from the original CD/DVD, but when pressing the "search for updated" it does not manage to contact the update server.

(this is the way how to proceed according to Informationen zum Update von älteren Versionen von Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, but it does obviously not work)

since I paid for the product, I would have expected that it is still available in its latest version. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you will find any downloads for the very old Lightroom 3.

Do you not still have the download file that provided the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your expectations are unwarranted. Lightroom 3 is no longer supported or updated in any way by Adobe. It is long forgotten. The technology and photofinishing capabilities utilized in that version have been far surpassed. Adobe doesn't even have updates available anywhere on their servers. I don't know if there is a third party source that would have them because that version is so old.

The only versions of Lightroom that are available now are by subscription only. Lightroom Classic would be the logical upgrade to what you are using. And there is also Lightroom, which is a different version which stores all of your images in the cloud. But there is no support for the old Lightroom 3 that you are trying to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, THANK YOU so much for having this!! I have the Disc, but having the executable is even better! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is the 3.6 version the same as v3.3.6? because I purchased this as a download a few years ago, and now need to re-install and my activation license number not working. It be appreciated if someone can help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure there was no Lightroom 3.3.6, there was Lightroom 3.6. However, if you have received a serial number from Adobe when you purchased any version of Lightroom 3, then it should work when you apply this serial number to LR 3.6.

If it doesn't work, then either

• you don't really have a Lightroom 3 serial number
  • you don't have some version of LR 3 installed
  • both of the above

So you need to confirm which version of LR your serial number is for, and which version of LR you have installed and make sure they match (to the left of the decimal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I just downloaded LR 3.6 and my 24 digit number once entered at the end theirs an red X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom did you purchase and received the serial number for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

purchased a few years ago version 3.6 as a download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So something is wrong ... either this is not a LR 3 serial number ... or you don't have LR 3.6. You need to CONFIRM all of these pieces of information ... you can't rely on your memory that your purchased LR 3.6, you have to find the original sales receipt or go to your account at Adobe.com.

Also, did you purchase LR 3.6 as an upgrade to an earlier version of LR, or did you purchase the full version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full version. What I did is I copied the activation license number and made a label from Dymo and sticked it to my computer, I have re-install in the past once without any issues. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good I just fix it Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines