• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize a picture in lightroom without export?

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Easterbunnies ,

can someone tell me how I can resize an image before exporting ? 

I have large panoramas and when I try to upload them to adobe stock , they are to big .... 

so how can I reduce the size, without opening photoshop or expiring and reimporting the image. 

is there a way to tell a duplicate of the image to reduce its size?

how do you solve this issue ? 

and why is this so damn complicated , when this is a basic task .....

I am stunned 😳 , that I can't figure this out by myselve ..... 

kind regards peter 

rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
the whole world belongs to you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to resize an image in Lightroom is to export a copy and specify the dimensions. In your case, I would suggest specifying either the long edge or the short edge only and then let Lightroom calculate the appropriate size for the other one.

A panorama created in Lightroom is considered to be a master image, and Lightroom does not modify the size of master images. The only way to create an image of a different size is to export a copy and specify different dimensions.

Regardless of whether an image is a "master" image, the only way to resize ANY image in Lightroom is to export a copy and specify the dimensions you desire. Images themselves are not modified in Lightroom. That is, they are not literally or physically changed in any sense by the editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way, very helpful if sending work out to be printed is to use a third party program, via plugin to resize the exported photo. For example On1 Resize (included in On1 Photo RAW 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, a by the way.

Are you exporting in the normal sense, or are you using the publishing service for Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , 

thanxs 

I won't to use the publishing service. 
is there a way to tell the service to reduce the image size ? 

kind regards 

peter 

the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but in truth it is not much different from the same option wheen exporting. Using publish services is basicaly exporting but without creating a pernament file on your computer. But, many using publishing services miss that.

Unfortuaanly, to publish just one image cut down in size, requires you to just import one or few at a time, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you upload an image to Adobe Stock, you upload a JPEG, not the original. You can resize the JPEG when you create it, either via export or via a publishing service (which also uses the export dialog when you set it up).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply put, Lightroom was primarily designed as an application to provide Photagraphers with the facility to manage, process, and share their Raw Image files taken with Digital Cameras.

To accomplish this task the application uses a unique procedure and it is referred as a ”paramatic editor” and as such never directly alters the original image, unlike a pixel editing program such as Photoshop or similar. The edits and work done in Lightroom is stored in the Lightroom Catalog File. If you require a rendered file with edits applied you must create a copy to save in the selected format.

Yes Lightroom can also work with rendered images, jpeg, tiff, PSD etc but uses the same procedure to record the edits.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines