• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select photos that have been Enhanced within a Smart Collection.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC seems to know that an image has been Enhanced when you try to Enhance a second time. Be nice to have the indicator exposed in the smart collections selection criteria.

Anyone have a way to do this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Lightroom adds 'Enhanced' to the name of the resulting file, doesn't it?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan, thats a good point, but I had hopes that there was something more like a directly testable attribute. 

I have descriptive names on many image files. 

I was able to use LrC to rename an Enhanced files name to remove the Enhance text from the name. I was then able to re-Enhance the file again. So they are apparently using the tag in the file name as the attribute. Seems to me it belongs elsewhere. Perhaps something like _Enhanced as a LrC keyword (Thats what I was doing) or a flag in the Metadata, which is the better solution.

— Mark David Farrall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a special attribute. Enhanced DNG files are linear RGB files, not raw files. That is how Lightroom sees that it cannot raw-enhance it again, only use super resolution again. I don't think there is a 'flag' or anything like that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Johan's reply, you could use the Any Filter plugin to find all enhanced .dngs:

johnrellis_0-1646538585824.png

Due to inherent limitations of LR, this search is pretty slow compared to normal searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, Very nice plugin you have there. Will pick one up. But I guess I still have a "personal" thing about a something thats suppose to be a nondistructive tool, mucking with my files names. 

Thank you again!

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true. Why is it called non destructive and it changes file names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It impacts my spreadsheet/Python tools I use to collect disk stats.  I guess I understand why.... its a whole new file as opposed to a reference to changes in the Adobe database. Otherwise it could collide with the original file name if it was a DNG?.... But it eats up a lot of character space in the filename. Would rather a sequence number?... I dont know, "-Enhance" just seems excessive.

Thank you for the reply.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines