• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift+CTRL+S not syncing *intermittantly*

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I process large amounts of pageantry (marching band) photos to my Smugmug site.  They are organized in seperate galleries in SM, and also on my computer.  The Export dialogue in LR is crucial to me being able to process efficiently. I use a gaming mouse with macros synced to the buttons. I use presets to start a batch and adjust settings on the fly...using the "sync settings" command.  The keyboard shortcut is Shift+CTRL+S (I've worn the letters off my keyboard!).  Since the last update LR is just wonky...*sometimes* when I use this shortcut it'll point my selected images to LUMINAR!  When this happens I have to reset all of my export dialogue box!  AHHHHHH...in fact, just now I had to do it during a batch and missed the quality setting slider and had to redo 50 images.  This is VERY not good!  Would this condition be caused by my mouse?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK [Ctrl+Shift+S] is a KB shortcut to sync Development edits from one photo to other selected photos in the Develop module.

Is that your intention with this shortcut? You are talking about 'Exporting'. Do you mean [Ctrl + Shift + E]?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rob, [Shift+Ctl+E] is what I'm using on my mouse as a macro to go to the export dialogue, and sometimes it takes me to export to email, or DVD or something.  And *then* I have to reset all my import dialogue settings.  I got mixed up and actually this is a twofold problem, because I use the "keyboard" shortcut [Shifting +Ctl+S] to sync settings to a folder I'm working on.  Very handy, but not always reliable as it will take me to an immediate export, which I have to cancel, and *then* I have to reset export settings again.  Unless I restart the program I have to then mouse to the settings dropdown and select "sync settings" in order to get what I want.   I hope this is clear, Dafowen down thread is having the same difficulties, apparently.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds, to me, more like a job for AutoSync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what publishing to Smuhmug has to do with your shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a number of previous reports the last couple of years about this, with the shortcut Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + S invoking Export rather than Sync Settings:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-sync-settings-auto... 

(That bug report wasn't copied from the old forum to this one for some reason.) 

The submitter said resetting preferences fixed the problem, though of course that's pretty painful to set all your desired settings. If resetting preferences fixes the problem, you could use my free Snapshot Prefs plugin, which makes periodic backups of your preferences file. When the bug strikes, you could revert to a recent backup, avoiding the need to set all your desired settings.

But that other thread also has some discussion with Adobe empoyee Rikk Flohr about whether the Logitech utility that translate mouse-button presses to keystrokes might be the proximate cause of the problem:

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-sync-settings-auto...

Unfortunately, there was no reply to Rikk's suggestion about temporarily uninstalling the Logitech software to see if it's causing conflicts with keyboard shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try your plugin, John, but it sure would be nice to maintain a workflow W/O these irritating interruptions.  I *do* use a Logitech mouse (G500) but it's wired...my keyboard is Microsoft.  So, apparently this is a deep bug and I wish they could fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this again.
Did it a while back then went away.
But is doing it fairly often now.

Doing a Ctrl+Shift+S in Develop module starts doing an immediate export instead of Synching the settings.
I can reset it by closing lightroom and re-opening. Usually fixes it for a while.
But today I am editing lots of sets and it keeps coming back.

I am using Logitech G-hub with a saved Macro (Ctrl+Shift+S then Enter) however, once the export thing starts happening - even doing a Ctrl+Shift+S on the keyboard starts off an immediate export. (i.e. doesn't show the export window)

I'm on my third or fourth Lightroom restart today.
May reboot the PC next time it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Exiting G-Hub app/service and doing Ctrl+Shift+S on the keyboard, Logitech tried an Export again.
(Keyboard is not Logitech [Corsair])

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I mean Lightroom tried an Export again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rebooting the PC seems to help me, after trying LR reboots couple of times.  Then the bug seems to stay away longer.  But it *always* comes back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines