• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sicherung des LR Komplexes auf HDD

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich arbeite mit LR Classic 12.1 (Windows10)  auf einer externen HDD. Da bekanntlich  jede HDD einmal crasht möchte den Katalog, die Einstellungen, die Backups und was sonst noch dazugehört von einer HDD auf eine oder mehrere andere HDD sichern.

Wie ist das möglich? NAS oder Cloud scheinen mit nicht besonders attrraktiv.

Eine Sicherung mit Pure Sync scheiterte, weil das Programm die Ordner leerte: Ich erhielt die Inhalte außerhalb der Ordner........

Natürlich sollte LR mit der erstellten Kopie auch umgehen können, Allerdings erkennt LR im Explorer erstellte Ordner nicht... 

Wie kann das gelingen?

Dass es keinen einfachen Weg geben soll, kann ich mir nicht vorstellen...

In einem Foto-Forum wurde mir geraten, mit FreeFileSync zu synchronisieren... Kann das funktionieren?

LG

Robert Wien

PS Ich erhalte gelegentlich die Nachrichten

interner Fehler: ? : 0 attempt to index a nil value

CEF helper.exe funktioniert nicht

Ich habe gelesen, dass diese CEF helper.exe den CPU sehr belastet.  Es wird geraten, diese .exe zu deaktivieren.

Ist es  ein Problem oder erwünscht,  wenn sie nicht funktioniert?

Vor Kurzem erhielt ich eine Einladung, ein Reparatur-LR zu installieren; das habe ich getan...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the translation to English:

As it is well known that every HDD crashes once, you want to back up the catalog, settings, backups and everything else that goes with it  from one HDD to one or more other HDDs. How is this possible? NAS or cloud don't seem particularly attractive with it.

NAS is a good way to do this. Another HDD is a good way to do this. I'm not sure why you think it is not a good way to do this.

Of course, LR should also be able to handle the created copy, but LR does not recognize folders created in Explorer...  

LrC does not know about your backups. You would have to open the backup catalog in any one of a number of ways. One such way is simply to use your operating system and double-click on the backup catalog to open it. You may then have to re-direct LrC to the location of the backup copies of the photos, or it may be that LrC can use the original (not backup) photos if they still exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! But which programs could I use to copy my HDD.   Whe I recently tried to update by backup  (Pursesync), the program did not recognize the existing folder structure and dispersed several 10.000 images and backup data and previews and presets.... on my HDD. 2 tries—the same results. Of course, I don't want to get proprietary data. I should be possible to change the backup program, if  there emerges a better one....

BTW Do you consider it more advisable to use a "full service program" like AOMEI  etc or to backup the files  by FreeFilSync

Best regards

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are dozens of backup programs out there that will do the job. I only use one, and can't advise on others. I'm sure you can find one that will do what you want. All that I know is that they should not "empty the folders" when they make backups, so I'm really mystified that you found a program that does empty the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if someone in the community has ever used such a newly created Lightroom environment to continue his work after a crash. In daily work I have seen, that Lightroom ignores folders created outside LR, eg by Windows explorer. A problem of “referencing” that can emerge in the case of emergency, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are people who have succeeded in setting up Lightroom Classic to work properly after a crash. What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they did,'t encounter problems LR "finding" the proper images, that were copied by another program, even better... Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Problem ist solved! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines