Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Slow import & processing for iPhone photos

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing very slow import and preview build load times for iPhone photos on an M1 MacBook Pro? I did not have this problem prior to this computer. Any suggested causes / resolution would be much appreciated!

RAW images from my DSLR are blazing fast by comparison. Problem occurs whether I import directly from the iPhone or via my computer.

Am using maxOS 11.2.3, an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and Lightroom classic 10.2

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have trouble editing HEIF photos taken with iPhones as well. Photos taken by iPhone are default generated in HEIF file format, which is not really well-supported in Lightroom than the traditional JPEG ones... Maybe you should try converting it to JPG in advance?

Also, you mentioned that you imported photos directly from your iPhone to Lightroom? Using pre-built Lightroom features? I strongly recommend that you import your photos into the computer's hard drive first, then import them into Lightroom using the traditional method. If you are using iCloud Photos, you can use the Mac's Photos app to copy images to your hard drive. If you don't use iCloud Photos, you can use AirDrop or Image Capture app (which come with macOS) to import the images to your hard drive.

Hope this helps and correct me if I'm wrong.

All the best,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the reply, and good to know I'm not the only one experiencing
this!

I should have specified in my post that I'm using jpeg rather than the
Apple format -- that doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines