• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

snappy dropdown menu in tabs refreshes

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running "Develop" of LrC 11.5, Camera Raw 14.5 on Windows 11 Pro v22H2 (SSD storage) and it results in constant snappy dropdown menu in tabs refreshes.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain with a bit more details what exactly you are doing, and what happens?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in addition, please share some details about your PC (CPU, GPU, RAM ..)

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. After I imported my raw photos from recent Hawaii trip and I noticed those File Edit Library Photo Metadata... tabs(See Snipping cut below) blinking constantly under "Develop" and each tabs dropdown menu keeps refreshing. However it dose not occur under the other cases such as "Library", "Map" etc.

Jinshan0101_0-1665276767302.png

My desktop hardware:

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core i7-12700F 2.10GHz

RAM 32.0GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

WD Blue SN570 2TB SSD

Logitech wireless Keyboard and Mice

TV connected to DENON-AVR as generic monitor

Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2

Adobe APP:

LrC 11.5 Release Camera Raw 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you are using the latest driver (517.48) for your GPU:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193297/en-us/

If you already have this version or updating does not help, try turning off the GPU:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Since you have a 12th. Gen i7 and the GPU is rather old, it might anyway be better to turn GPU support off. That also depends on the resolution your display is using - I'd try this anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I turned GPU support off, the refreshing stoped, your suggestion is really working! By the way I updated the GPU driver as well  (driver update along is not enough to solve the issue since my display resolution is 4096 x 2160 and the GPU's memory size is only 2G). Thanks a lot and I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines