• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7iii Colour issue

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m new to Sony and started a trial before buying into cloud based light room and Photoshop. I use an A7iii and when Raw images are uploaded the colour is nothing like what I see on the viewfinder. Although photography is only a hobby but the colour issue is quite important. Is there a quick fix? My trial runs out soon and to say I found it frustrating would be an understatement, I`m questioning whether light room is right for my camera. I know this is probably a Sony issue rather than light room but also noticed that when transferring images to Light room express just to play around with on my phone the colours are perfect, I`m not sure why this is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

The image you see on the back of camera is not the raw file, but the raw file's embedded jpg preview. Any camera settings that you use, like Picture styles, etc. will be applied to the jpg preview. These camera settings may be written to the raw file, but Lightroom doesn't understand them, and ignores them.

Raw files are open to interpretation, and there is no "correct" rendering. Lightroom gives you a starting point, and it's up to you to edit the image to your liking. To get a better starting p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you see on the back of camera is not the raw file, but the raw file's embedded jpg preview. Any camera settings that you use, like Picture styles, etc. will be applied to the jpg preview. These camera settings may be written to the raw file, but Lightroom doesn't understand them, and ignores them.

Raw files are open to interpretation, and there is no "correct" rendering. Lightroom gives you a starting point, and it's up to you to edit the image to your liking. To get a better starting point, you can try another camera profile, under Profile: in the Basic panel in Develop. Click Browse to see available profiles.

LR-camera-profile.png

If you find a profile that works, you can set Lightroom to apply this profile to all images from your Sony camera on import.

Open an image in Develop, do not do any edits except changing the camera profie.

Then go to Develop > Set default settings, and click Update to current settings in the dialog that comes up.

also noticed that when transferring images to Light room express just to play around with on my phone the colours are perfect, I`m not sure why this is?

This is because you are looking at the embedded jpg preview, not the raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Per Berntsen,

I appreciate the detailed answer and you taking the time to explain. That all makes sense. You even covered my next question which would have  been applying it to groups of photos or just further photos in general. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quisiera hacerte una pregunta  Per Berntsen yo saco fotos en hlg3 y el photomechanic las veo tal cual pero al importarlas a lr tengo algo totalmente diferente y no he conseguido un perdil de camara que me pueda ayudar con esto, puedes tu guiarme en com ohacer para conseguir lo que busco? mil gracias de antemano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has to build its own proprietary previews for your raws. So you shouldn't expect them to ever match what you see from the JPEG the cameras produces which again, is proprietary and unique.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yo saco fotos en raw, pero muchsa gracias por la informacion seguire intentando conseguir los resultados deseados , muchas gracias su respuesta fue de gran ayuda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines