Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Sony DSC-R1 missing from list of ACR supported cameras

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 16 August 2021 list of supported cameras does not include the Sony DSC-R1 raw files (.SR2). Has it been removed, is it on the way out, or is this an oversight? The older DSC-F828 raw format (.SRF) is still on the list.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you try photos from this camera in Lightroom Classic 10.4 and see if they can be imported.

I would suspect a simple error in the list, rather than a discontinuance of support.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a rare if not unheard of occurrence where support is dropped. I still have support for old cameras that have been out of production and forgotten for years.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That list isn't really totally complete. I have some really old Kodak DCS cameras NOT listed that are supported in Lightroom Classic. So as suggested, just give that older camera a try, I bet it works. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Sony DSC-R1 Adobe Standard is still installed in LrC 10.4.

Sony DSC-R1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the comments. Raw files from both early Sony cameras are just fine in Lightroom Classic. Good to go!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines