• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Nikon D750

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the normal lead time for a new camera such as the Nikon D750 to be available in LR5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 186 Replies 186
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the plugin - DNG converter is a stand alone application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I would even select the option of embedding RAW into DNG so it can be used latter, this way the RAW files can be deleted. I have a question ssprengel - how do I manually copy D750 camera profile as per your previous comment? --> "The one issue would be that the camera profiles other than Adobe Standard won't be accessible, unless you manually copy them over to your Users profile area"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG files are usually smaller than the raw files as they use a much better

compression algorithm than native raw files. They have the exact same data

as the original raw. They will be far smaller than 16-bit nefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean 16-bit tiffs of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I have one problem: after downloading in the downloads file it says finished and then closes instead of opening a page to work with the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpegs will work fine. Raw files will not work until the next Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that is too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't despair. Everyone who buys the newest camera has to go through the same waiting game. In a couple of months it will all be over, and you'll forget all about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Yes, that is really bad. I just got a Nikon 750 and I cannot download the files to Lightroom.   I just don't know what to say and think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're replying to an old reply that is not a reaction to the current situation.  Adobe released the public-release-candidate of the DNG Converter 8.7 that you can use to create DNGs from your NEFs and then import the DNGs into Lightroom.

The DNG Converter 8.7 RC can be found, here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw8-7/index.html

You use the DNG Converter to convert an entire folder of raw images to DNGs so only single-click-select the name of the folder containing the raw images don't double-click-open the folder when you're telling the DNG Converter where to find the NEFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are So helpful and kind. Thank you.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM, ssprengel <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to wait, you can use EXIFchanger or some other utility to change the camera information in the NEF file. From what I have read about the characteristics, it's best to change it To a D5300. This should work fine as a temporary fix for using Adobe camera raw or light room. This is always an issue when camera companies release new cameras. Nikon just updated NX-D,  which is clunky, at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers dude, I owe you a beer. Changing the EXIT to  600, 610, 800 and 810 didn't work, either turned the images pink, or cropped them. Been panicking as I got excited about my new cameras, shot a job for a new client, showed off on the job with the wifi then got home a didn't even think about Lightroom support and couldn't edit the images! All good now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing a "hack" I would suggest you retain an original of your raw files to benefit from the true camera profile when the update comes.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point. All the original RAW files get backed up before I edit on a separate HD, but hadn't thought of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goes without saying that, when this does happen to me, I create a duplicate folder of my images and work with that until the fix comes out. This will hold the converted NEFs, along with the XMP sidecar files. I just trash this when the new ACR update comes out and then start working from my original folder. In the meantime, I can get work done. Adobe is usually pretty quick about a beta release, at the very least, when a major new camera comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been no LR beta releases the last two versions: 5.5 and 5.6, so don’t hold your breath, but when the DNG Converter beta is released you can at least make DNGs and copy DNGC 8.7’s camera profiles over to your Users profiles area and get to the profiles that aren’t Adobe Standard that way.

As far as timing, LR comes out approximately every three months and LR 5.6 was released July 31st.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding D750 support, I would not be surprised if it will come in Lightroom 6 and not in any version of 5. I don't think we've ever had a x.7 release of Lightroom. We're about due for a new full version release. 4.0 was in March 2012, version 5.0 in June 2013.

If only the big camera makers would start thinking about their clients' workflow and start supporting open raw formats such as dng or actually collaborate with third party software makers allowing for support from the actual camera release we would not be in this situation that it takes months for software (all third party software has this issue) to get updated to support new cameras. Right now Adobe actually has to go out and buy some D750s and profile them themselves after they become available to everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we did have a LR 2.7 just days before the release of CS5, but that was the only version with that high a minor version number.

However, even if we didn’t have a LR 2.7, the reason we could have a LR 5.7 is because the linkage between a new pay-for release of PS with a higher ACR version and corresponding higher LR version has been broken with the cloud subscription model.

We already had our new functional release of PS CC 2014 back in June, without a subsequent increase in ACR and LR major versions as would have happened in the past, so LR and ACR could coast along for a few more minor camera-support releases before a major version that includes new functionality. ACR actually includes a tiny bit of new functionality that LR does not have, yet, editable spotting areas, I think, but I’d hope LR actually has a lot more things to give us.

In other words, LR functionality being ready and needing a new version would likely be driving the LR version numbers, now, not PS functionality being ready as happened in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can convert the NEF files to DNGs with the beta version of Adobe Camera Raw Converter, but the profile in Lighroom is Adobe Standard and doesn't allow me to change it at all. Anyone know how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you cannot use any of the camera profiles with the D750 dngs until the next version of Lightroom that natively supports the D750. I have no clue why Adobe restricts that as DNG converter installs the profiles and there is no technical reason why Lightroom should not allow you to use them except that for camera models that it doesn’t know natively yet, it might not realize there are camera profiles available. You can use the profiles in ACR 8.7 RC in Photoshop just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your insight. I've never used the profiles in Camera Raw or Photoshop. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the nef or ding directly in Photoshop. The camera raw dialog should come up. Then click on the little camera icon right below the histogram which should bring up the camera calibration tab where you can choose the camera profile. This will only work correctly in ACR 8.7 RC for the D750. You’ll recognize much of ACR’s interface as it works basically the same as Lightroom’s Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to do is copy the profiles from the Adobe-installed location to the Users profile area. I can tell you how to do this on Windows because that is the platform I’m familiar with. What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ssprengel. I'm running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks. Any help would be appreciated:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines