• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Nikon D750

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the normal lead time for a new camera such as the Nikon D750 to be available in LR5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 186 Replies 186
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only showing for a Mac and I have a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there's an exif changer for pc, have a search around. Same principle will apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many folks use exiftool on both platforms for this purpose. It's free and

open source but has a steep learning curve. There's even a GUI to it on

windows.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:09 AM, origamiben <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used an exif modifier for pc I downloaded, and the files were working fine, but tonight when I try to open that folder that contains the files that have been modified, everything crashes...  Help!  I used nikon d5300 as suggested  for the exif edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also as mentioned above, keep a backup of the unchanged files for the future. The unchanged files open up in Photo Mechanic (best and fastest photo viewer around) fine, so I tend to do the first cut in that, then the files I want to edit I'll duplicate to another folder and just edit the exif in them, slightly quicker that way. Happy shooting dude. I'm loving the 750.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously - what is the problem here? Yeah, until the support is there for D750 just use capture NX-D (free software - F google!) to do WB adjustments etc and then for the fine tuning (if needed - such as lens corrections)  convert NEF files to TIFF using batch convert in capture NX-D (select NEF's you want to convert, right click and yadda, yadda) - open TIFF files in LR and do final LR/PS tweaks - yeah - a bit of a hustle but It will be a day when I will start dancing to what google decides to play - They are the ones who %^$%$&% Capture NX2 software. capture NX-D is not great but it works and the main reasons to manipulate RAW files like , exposure, WB, tone, sharpening adjustments are all there and work quite good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol - why? I think Google is the "Palpatine" here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post seemed fairly pent up about a fairly mild thread of worry.

Though I'm missing something, what has Google got to do with an issue which is between Nikon & Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

story of capture NX 2 software (awesome Nikon RAW file editor) - read up about it and then you will know google involvement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh I see. Thanks, I will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new converter do you still have to do something different with pictures before you can edit in LR5 or can you just import them straight to LR5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the converter to convert the RAWs to DNG, then import the DNG files into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help - I have downloaded the converter into my downloads - how do I get it to open to operate - or how does it work - Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the DNG converter:

Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 Release Candidate | digital camera raw file support - Adobe Labs

New Camera Support

The following new cameras are now supported:

• Casio EX-100PRO
  •   Fuji X30
  •   Leaf Credo 50
  •   Leica V-Lux (Typ 114)
  •   Nikon D750
  •   Panasonic DMC-GM1S
  •   Sony ILCE-5100
  •   Sony ILCE-QX1

New Lens Profile Support

Lens NameLens Mount
Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8 Canon EF-S
HandeVision IBELUX 40mm F0.85Fujifilm X
SLR Magic 50mm T0.95 Hyperprime Cine LensLeica M
Leica SUMMICRON-S 100 mm f/2 ASPHLeica S
Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8Nikon F (DX)
HD PENTAX-DA 645 28-45mm F4.5ED AW SRPentax 645
Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony Alpha
Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6Sony Alpha
Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6Sony Alpha
Sony 300mm F2.8 G SSM Sony Alpha
Sony 500mm F4 G SSM Sony Alpha
HandeVision IBELUX 40mm F0.85 Sony E
SLR Magic 50mm F0.95 Hyperprime LensSony E
Sony FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Ea
Voigtlander VM 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Voigtlander VM
Voigtlander VM 75mm F1.8 Heliar Voigtlander VM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much – downloaded this link and now my converter is working!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.jcb,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums.

Please download and install a evaluation version of Camera Raw from this link: http://adobe.ly/1unUTt9

This release of Camera Raw 8.7 for CC is prerelease software and is designed for evaluation purposes only. The software contained within the installer is not final; but, many portions of the technology are fully implemented and ready for you to try and discuss.

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uploaded RAW 8.7 which is supposed to support the D750 and it failed. I tried to convert all files to DNG and that failed as well. Have I done something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under Frans.c -he mentioned a download link and that one works. Just make sure that you download the camera raw and the dng converter.

Regards

Marleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the dng converter as well . Frans.c 's link was for Photoshop c6 and I am using cc so I don't know if that makes a difference. It would be nice to be able to contact someone direct at labs.adobe to find out why it doesn't work for me but I can't find an email address or phone number. What I have been doing is changing the exif info to Nikon D5300 and then loading into LR (as someone here has already suggested) but my copy of exifchanger is only valid for 14 days so I am hoping that Adobe get the fix for LR before it runs out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this is bad. Capturing in jpeg and raw for the moment. Hope PS and LR will make a new release soon.

What is worrying that they only do releases on a quarterly basis so it can run into next year!

om: Titchthephot

Sent: 06 October 2014 12:06 PM

To: Marleen la Grange

Subject: Support for Nikon D750

Support for Nikon D750

created by Titchthephot <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Titchthephot> in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/6794147#6794147>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just checked in Photoshop cc and the correct RAW plug-in is there. When I opened a RAW file I had a message stating that it was a Beta version of the plug-in ....but at least it worked! Where do I find the plug-in folder for LR (on a mac)? I have looked for it but can't find it. When I click on the 'About LR' tag it tells me that I am running RAW plugin 8.6 so it looks like I may need to manually put the plug-in into the LR folder. I shouldn't have to but it obviously isn't doing it automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like I may need to manually put the plug-in into the LR folder. I shouldn't have to but it obviously isn't doing it automatically.

Thats not possible each version of Lightroom has its own Camera Raw engine built in so you will have to await the update of Lightroom to LR 5.7 RC or LR 5.7 for the support.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 13.5.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The term “Camera Raw” technically refers to the version of the camera raw conversion programming which exists in both LR and PS’s ACR plug-in. “Camera Raw” also informally means the ACR plug-in for Photoshop. When you do About LR and it refers to “Camera Raw 8.6” it is the programming version not the PS plug-in because the ACR plug-in is only for PS, not LR.

You will need to get the DNG Converter to work on your computer to work with D750 NEF files in LR. What issue are you having? Does it give an error message? The usual issue people have is that when you select the folder of raw files just single-click on the folder to select it, rather than double-clicking on the folder to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import from the card all the thumbnails are 'greyed out' with a message saying that 'Preview is not available with this file'. When I try to import or convert to dng I get an error message saying that 'files xyz were not recognised by the raw format support in Lightroom.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines