• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing multiple catalogs

Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic installed on 2 computers. I have used it here and there to edit photos. I'm now realizing that I shoud have been syncing those photos on both computers... I turned sync on on my desktop computer and it did its thing (whatever that is). It seemed to work. I tried to also turned syncing on on my laptop computer, but got a message "you can only sync a single lightroom catalog." That makes sense. I didn't realize that I was doing it wrong and now I have edited photos on different computers. I'd like to get them all together somehow and have them all syced up across devices. How might I achieve this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom-Classic is 'Old School' when it comes to syncing- something it was never designed to do, and will possibly always have limitations.

Correct, you can only 'Sync' one Catalog to the Adobe Cloud Ecosystem. If you try to sync another catalog, you can, but you get the warning message,  and it causes complications when the active LrC Catalog attempts to (automatically) download (to the computer with the synced catalog) ALL full-size files that you have imported to the Lightroom Cloud.

LrC catalogs on two computers basically can not be 'synced', -the catalogs are independent of each other, although there are methods to use one catalog on both machines.

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS- How to use (Lightroom Queen)

COMPARE LIGHTROOM & LIGHTROOM-CLASSIC FEATURES

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines