Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered Capture is not respecting orientation of capture

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone:

I'm shooting tethered from a Nikon D5, directly to the most recent version of LR v/11.14.1.  The camera is shooting straight down and I'm framing horizontal.  However, when the image displays in LR it's vertical.

In the Camera Menu I've tried both that default orientation and Rotate Tall, and in both situations, the images arrive in LR as vertical.  Oh ya, I'm using Windows 10

Does anyone have a suggestion or better still a fix for this?

Is there a way to set LR to auto rotate while tethered?

Thanks for your time,

Miguel

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

The more general fix for shooting aimed downwards, regardless of software considerations, is to set Auto image Rotation to "off" in the camera menu. The camera's tilt sensor cannot be reliably useful in this kind of shooting situation, and that is Nikon's recommendation in the menu guide manual.

richardplondon_0-1658156486649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more general fix for shooting aimed downwards, regardless of software considerations, is to set Auto image Rotation to "off" in the camera menu. The camera's tilt sensor cannot be reliably useful in this kind of shooting situation, and that is Nikon's recommendation in the menu guide manual.

richardplondon_0-1658156486649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard:

I suspected that that might be the cause, so, thanks for confirming.

Thanks for your time,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines