• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered Shooting - Automated Workflow Questions

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if there's a way to automate the following workflow in Lightroom Classic:

1. Tethered capture, with the tether controller configured to use a custom develop preset with supplied color profile, sharpening settings, etc. (I've already done this. Providing this as step 1 for context.)
  2. Crop the image to the same specs every time. (It appears that this is not available to do as part of a custom develop preset. Yes, I know I can use "Same as previous" in the tether controller's preset dropdown and it will use the last image's crop, but doing this presents other problems that for the sake of brevity I won't elaborate on right now.)
  3. Run the "Auto" develop button to auto-set levels, etc. (I realize this functionality can be automated as part of a develop preset, but I need to run the crop before running "Auto" because the extra, uncropped content actually changes the resulting "Auto" levels, so running this as part of step 1 ahead of cropping isn't an option.

Brief additional explanation regarding 2 & 3: I can't just run all these steps and then run "Same as previous" because it doesn't actually run "Auto" on subsequent photos, it just assigns the same levels that resulted from "Auto" from the previous image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is no, you can't do that. The "Same as Previous" option is not designed to work like that! It is used to copy the EXACT adjustments from the previous photo (i.e., the exact values) to the current one, not to copy the actions (hitting the "Auto" button). As far as I know, unlike Photoshop with Photoshop Actions, Lightroom does not have the same functionality. Each "Auto" hit produces a different result based on each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines