• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered Shooting in Lightroom Classic 9.1 not working on Canon 5D Mk III.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my OS from 10.14 to OS 10.15.2, and upgraded from the 2019 version of Lightroom Classic to the new LR Classic 9.1.  I have a Canon EOS 5d Mk II and 5d Mk III.  Both worked well with Tethered Catpure until these OS and LR upgrades, and now when I start Tethered Capture, it doesn't recognize the camera.  I checked connections, restarted and reconnected the camera, restarted the computer, deleted Lighroom Preferences, updated my camera firmware.  I tested my cameras on an old computer with OS 10.10 and Lighroom 6, and Tethered Capture still works great on that system.  

When my camera is connected, I am able to use the Lightroom Import window to navigate to the card in the camera and download images into lightroom.

Another puzzle piece, is I installed the October 2019 upgrade to EOS Utility, and it also is unable to recognize my cameras.  But Lightroom shouldn't require EOS Utility to operate the 5d Mk III, right?

I was on chat with Adobe tech support for 1-1/2 hours, and they weren't able to solve the problem. They suggested I contact Canon support for help.

Can anyone explain how I get Tethered Shooting to work?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

I believe the problem is the MacOS X 15.2 update. That breaks tethering, not only in Lightroom but -as you have noticed- also in EOS Utility. And if I'm not mistaken also in CaptureOne.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Catalina 10.15.3 fixed it for me on my Canon 5d mkiv and EOS R.  I can now tether with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacOSBigSur 11.6.5    (  2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 )
Canon 5D ii 
Cannot Connect to camera via USB
USB item not detectected in About Thi Mac >> System Report >> USB
Camera not appearing in finder or Lightroom. 
Forget Eos Utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines