• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering Canon EOS R directly to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use canon's EOS utility to connect my camera ... but after updating the EOS Utility software, it no longer recognizes my camera.  ?? Help!   Also -- I'd prefer to tether straight to Lightroom.  It doesn't recognize my EOS R, either.   I'm on a mac -- OS Ventura 13.0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Thank you, John.  I installed the upgrade and it seems to have worked!   Can now tether using wifi straight to desktop

you're the man!   thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this issue happen at the same time you updated to Ventura? 

This is really a question you should be asking the EOS utility software publisher.

Here is a list of cameras that can currently be tethered to Lightroom Classic.

The EOS R is on that list BTW.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it happened @ the same time of updating to Ventura.  Thanks; I know re: cameras capable of tethering.

Question remains why does Lightroom not recognize my EOS R.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was me, I would try some different connection cables in case one was bad. My cable preference for tethering is the high quality ones from Tether Tools.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Kenneth.  I should have clarified:  I'm trying to connect via wifi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no experience with wifi nor Canon. Why not try a cable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thought... Have you checked all the wifi related settings in Ventura? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A google search indicates lots of people were having problems with Canon EOS Utility and Mac OS 13.  Other manufacturers are also having issues with USB connections to Mac OS 13, both tethering and simple import -- Nikon and Leica are two that have been reported here.  

One of the Canon threads I found pointed out that there was a new version of the Canon EOS Utility released yesterday that appears to fix issues with Ventura. But you'll only find the download if you select "Mac OS 12" rather than "Mac OS 13" in the Canon download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.  I installed the upgrade and it seems to have worked!   Can now tether using wifi straight to desktop

you're the man!   thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering why you suggested the OS 12 vs 13 .... wouldn't 13 be the latest?   anyway - 12 worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good. Looks like Canon didn't properly update their download page for Mac OS 13 downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines