• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering in Lightroom Changing Shutter Speed on Camera?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using tethering in Lightroom Classic 9.0 with a Nikon D5300 and a MacBook running MacOS Mojave. It works great except for one super annoying "feature". When I am shooting with the camera in manual exposure mode, after each shot, it changes the shutter speed on the camera. I might be shooting at 1/30 and after the shot, it will be at 1/4 for example. I then need to reset it on the camera for the next shot. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

I have searched all camera settings as well as the Lightroom settings and I can't find anything that would influence this. I have thousands of photos to capture this way and I can't be resetting after every shot.

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response, so no fix I guess ...

FWIW - I am trying out Helicon Remote. Way better so far. Just figuring out a good workflow but it looks really promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is quite an old thread but without an answer. I stumbled upon this thread because I was having the same issue. I finally found out that my camera was the issue, it might not have been yours ofcourse. A setting called 'Bracketing' was turned on because I hit the button 'BKT' on my camera body (Nikon D90). This means the camera is trying to take pictures with different exposures even in manual mode. Turned it off and problem solved. It won't help OP anymore but maybe someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines