• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering Nikon Z5

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appears that my Nikon Z5 is not compatible to tether in lightroom. Does anyone have a work around...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, but Z5 not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround is to wait until it is which is generally a version behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this FAQ:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-tether-camera-suppo... 

"Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced."

Adobe releases a new version of LR every two months.  The current version (9.4) was released 8/18, so we might expect to see the next version the middle of October.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do u know whether Lr has provided support for z5 or not? Pls let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, you can get Nikon's Camera Control ($180) and have it download photos into a folder configured for Auto Import into LR.

The free open-source Digicam utility  (Windows), lower-cost Smart Shooter ($70), and free Sofortbild (Mac) support the Z6 but not the Z5, even though the Nikon SDK added Z5 support on 8/5.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're you able to find a work around? I could get mine to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant could not! Lol. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I actually did find a work around!! I purchased a program called Smart Shooter 4..it works fantastic and is a million times better than Lightroom!!! It costs $69.. you can use it in conjunction with Lightroom for editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines