• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering not recognizing Nikon D850 under Rosetta (M1 Max Studio - current LRC)

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H/W: Mac Studio - M1 Max 32GB

Software: LRC 11.3.1

Camera: Nikon D850

Issue

====

Start Teathered Capture, which creates a popup to relaunch LRC under Rosetta.

When LRC is running under Rosetta and you select start tether,

On the first attempt LRC crashes.

LRC needs to be restarted and the launched under Rosetta again.

On the second and subsequent "Start tethered capture", LRC fails to detect the attached Nikon D850 camera.

The camera is connected by a known working usb-C port via known working PRPteather usb cable, This same camera, cable setup works when conected to a windows 11 laptop running LRC 11.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon has a professional Tether application which they provide at a cost to users who purchase their Professional camera models, is the Nikon Software inferior to Tether capture in LrC?
Why buy a Nikon Camera if you don't get the Software to utilize the Camera's features?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm that after upgrading to Ventura 13.2, Macbook M2, 16GB RAM, HDD 256 GB, LRC 12.1, Nikon D850 firmware 1.30 it still works (worked with 13.1 too). Didn't work with previous firmware for the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an M1 Macbook Air (Ventura 13.2) with Nikon 1.30 firmware, it does not work.  Does not work with 13.1 either.  Also tested on my M1 MacMini (13.1 then 13.2) with no success. 

So, I'll patiently wait for the fix.  In the meantime, I'm very happy with Capture One and will probably switch permanently after my Adobe subsrciption expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NX Tether does not work with the D850.  Only the Z line and the D780.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? That is crazy. Didn't even realize it as I only use my z-series cameras anymore nowadays but you are right that is what it says on the support pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the duplicate post below.  

So yes, I tested it and it doesn't work.  I saw the supported cameras, but was hoping the D850 would work anyway.  No such luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NX Tether does not work with the D850.  Only the Z line and the D780.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest LRC update (12.2) has fixed the D850 tether problem.  Thanks Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultdtc1l55c74l5wrote, "The latest LRC update (12.2) has fixed the D850 tether problem. "

Are you running LR under Rosetta or native Apple Silicon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's running under Rosetta.  Same as before it stopped working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines